OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Is there a list anywhere of games that suffer the worst (or just completely break) from being compressed into .CSOs?
No, because it depends on a lot of things.
  • Your memory stick's read parameters. Given the adapters and multiple manufacturers, this varies a lot.
  • Whether you're using a CFW with a memory stick speedup option, and if so if the option is even on.
  • The specifics of the CSO compression. There's 9 levels of compression, and optional ripping and downsampling of resources too.

StephanZelenin

Trophies
XP
Hello everyone!
I've got my psp 2000 (data code 8b, so it seems to be one of the older ones) on 5-50 D-Gen 3. Is there any point or any advantages I can gain by updating to 6.x, and if so, to which cfw should I update?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!
I've got my psp 2000 (data code 8b, so it seems to be one of the older ones) on 5-50 D-Gen 3. Is there any point or any advantages I can gain by updating to 6.x, and if so, to which cfw should I update?
5.x development stopped ages ago, 6.x is where the develoment is. You can play new games without patching, get access to more features (memory stick speedup for one), PSN access, updated plugins, etc.

Use the softmod guide here to go to PRO.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a PS3 and am now thinking about getting a PSP...I never had one and don't know much about them and have a couple of questions.

All PSP models are fully hackable with the only difference being the ability to use Pandora on older models which is basically a utility for brick prevention. Is that all Pandora is good for?

It looks like PSP-3000 has the best screen and stuff, I looked at some videos and the reports of scan lines don't seem noticeable to me. I am thinking it might be best to get a brand new one instead of looking for a used older model. Is there any reason that might be bad idea?

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the latest 3000 models, you can't have the system boot up into hacked mode, you need to re-run the hack (takes a few seconds) if you shut the system full off.

Thanks for the reply. I am reading through the stickies and trying to educate myself.

A few seconds doesn't sound too bad, is that the only draw back to not being able to permanently hack it? Is bricking something to even be worried about if rebooting the system wipes out the hack? Also does that mean hacking will not void the warranty?

Having the best revision of the hardware is appealing to me if there are not major limitations to what can be done hacking wise on the newer models.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You can still brick any PSP model if you mess around in flash0, even out of CFW mode, flash0 is flash0 and if it's messed up the PSP can be a brick. Never touch flash0, ever, I don't care what any other tutorials say (though none of them should say it anymore).

But yes no pandora means no brick recovery.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan

Thanks Rydian :)
the reason i ask is because i want to find out if my new PSP can be fully hacked.

my new PSP is coming tomorrow (the old one turns out to be a pile of trash :P )
And i did a little research my self and found that you can determine if PSP is hackable or not by checking up a serial number on PSP itself below the battery.

Here's the video i found and it turns out that my PSP is indeed hackable..fully

It's about PSP-2000

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I am ripping metal gear from umd, but when I put the game on my memory it only shows up as corrupted data. I have ripped several games with no issues so I am not sure what the problem is here. Could it be a scratched disc? The game seems to work when I play from the disc and I tried ripping it a couple of times and it was the same result.

Nevermind, I was just being stupid and putting the game in the wrong location. I had been doing a bunch of eboots and my brain was defaulting to the PSP/Games folder. UMD rips need to go in the ISO folder.

beamquaker

Trophies
XP
Country
noob question . is there a way to play iso of a usb stick i have a 32 gb stick and the special cable to attach it . i googled this question and im getting nowhere . i followed the guide here and have a 4 gb card and i love the psp now its hacked .

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noob question . is there a way to play iso of a usb stick i have a 32 gb stick and the special cable to attach it . i googled this question and im getting nowhere . i followed the guide here and have a 4 gb card and i love the psp now its hacked .

I don't think so, I don't think the PSP will recognize a USB storage device.

I know some posters do not recommend adapters but I got this and have had no problems at all.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NTQDUG/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is basically the same price as two 16 GB micro sd cards and it has great reviews on amazon. Great cheap solution to get 32 GB of storage on PSP.

Reactions: beamquaker

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i had a psp 1000 in the old times, i had used dark alex cfw (5.xx m33 something) and now this new ways of patching are new to me, since all i knew was the lumines\gta vc exploits and pandora

my friend got a psp 3000, firmware 6.60 i read this thread and helped her in installing the custom firmware

however when she tried to install the cipl patch, which booted at the first time then hijacked her for the main menu (sony logo, then black screen, then main menu), and it didn't wanted to start again (error like if the psp was not under custom firmware), i am asking if the patch was successfully, since i was waiting to see something on the screen like: cipl can't be used on this psp model

and in the main topic is missing a picture, i am guessing it tells about psp motherboard models...

i dont know which motherboard she got, or how i can check without using a screwdriver (or hammer or wall or floor or even roof) and which motherboards can use the permanent install

since i am from the old days, i find the temporary thing good for other people but i personally don't like... i would prefer a full permanent install but she doesn't want to risk with the downgrade​

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1