PSP Go + stereo bluetooth headphones possible?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by codezer0, Nov 26, 2012.

Nov 26, 2012

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Message Count:
    United States
    Very simply. Does anyone know if it's possible to use some stereo bluetooth headphones or headset with a PSP Go?

I'd imagine if anything that Sony-branded PS3 set would work, but I was wondering if say, a standard set would work?
    • Reporter

Foxi4 Gravity is for weaklings.

Message Count:
    Poland
    As far as I know, the PSP Go supports A2DP, so yes, it can play sound in Stereo and even control the Player (to a limited extent) with hardware buttons on your headset. Technically, any A2DP set should work in-conjunction with the unit, it doesn't have to be PlayStation-Certified, but it's best to check if the devices are pairing properly before making a purchase.
    Last edited by Foxi4, Nov 26, 2012

Message Count:
    United States
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I finally have had a chance to try it out.

Sadly, even if the PSP go does support A2DP, it doesn't look like it supports it properly... case in point, I had a chance to try out a set of such headphones with my PSP go, but it can't seem to identify them at all.

My PSP Go is running 6.20 ProC if that has anything to do with it. It makes me wonder if an updated firmware would support more devices, but at least for the current perma-CFW I have, it doesn't seem like it will. :(
    • Reporter

Foxi4 Gravity is for weaklings.

Message Count:
    Poland
    It might be a matter of the headset, actually. Are you sure that you set your headset to "Search" mode?

Message Count:
    United States
    According to its manual, it definitely was. Even after re-searching for devices on the PSP twice, it always came up 'unknown' instead of identifying what it was.