Hardware PSP go refuses to boot up most of the time

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Well, I was recently gifted a PSP go (and voided the warranty minutes after. I love pulling them apart >_>).
Now that I got a charger for it and a usb cable, I've charged it and booted it up. \o/
Then I shut it down and in a few hours, it refused to boot. The green LED is still lit until I turn it off fully or until the battery is flat.
The next day, I charge it and turn it on, it still refuses to boot. It refused to boot for the next 45 minutes of randomly hitting the go and turning it off and on.
While I was walking along the street to get to work, I thought I'd turn it on, and hey, it turns on!

I put it to sleep and when I slide the screen up, the whole system crashes and it refuses to start up again...

Any ideas? I've searched google. All of them tell me to contact sony which I'm not gonna do since repairs cost 99 bucks and I voided my warranty. >_>

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to remove the battery then plug it back in. Also, reformat the SD card if there is one. Don't think there is though, I don't really know much about the Go.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Where can I get a replacement? Sony overprices their official ones and I can't find any on dealextreme, ifixit, and the cheap stuff on google look dodgy...
No, brand new. Just has a missing charger and cables. I lifted the contacts hoping the current would flow better (the underside of the psp go cover). Made no difference.

hack_ziro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
did you run any homebrew/plugin, that affects the psp's flash?
if yes, it might be, that the IDstorage of the psp is corrupted...and there's no way yet, to fix this for non-hackable psp's

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
hack_ziro said:
did you run any homebrew/plugin, that affects the psp's flash?
if yes, it might be, that the IDstorage of the psp is corrupted...and there's no way yet, to fix this for non-hackable psp's
It's on official 5.70. I have not yet run anything on the psp.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Cheers, guys. My PSP go felt like turning on this morning. This time, I muted it and turned the display off and locked it. Hopefully I don't acidentally put it to sleep when I unlock it =,=;;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.