Hardware PSP Go! Purchase

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased a PSP Go! Console from Amazon UK. The item arrived and WTF!!!. The build quality was horrible; it arrived in a PSP 3000 box. The top screen cover was coming away in the corner and overall it felt similar to the build quality you get inside a Hyundai.

It turns out the item is MP5 player made to look like the Go! It has the sliding screen and a reasonably bright looking display. No money has been taken for the item as yet and I have requested it to be returned for a full refund.

I'm not sure if the seller is a having a bit of a laugh pushing these on Amazon or what.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
rofl.gif
pics, please? I am sorry, it's pretty funny. Stupid assholes online ripping people off.
hateps3.gif

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
I recently purchased a PSP Go! Console from Amazon UK. The item arrived and WTF!!!. The build quality was horrible; it arrived in a PSP 3000 box. The top screen cover was coming away in the corner and overall it felt similar to the build quality you get inside a Hyundai.

It turns out the item is MP5 player made to look like the Go! It has the sliding screen and a reasonably bright looking display. No money has been taken for the item as yet and I have requested it to be returned for a full refund.

I'm not sure if the seller is a having a bit of a laugh pushing these on Amazon or what.
Was this on Amazon UK Marketplace or Amazon UK proper? I avoid that now (marketplace sellers), was ripped off myself. I only use Amazon UK & DE proper these days. You definitely have my sympathies.
smile.gif

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Close but it has a sony badge on it LOL.
Strange that I haven't had any charges against my account yet. The purchase price was £124 with postage.

dsc05752c.jpg
dsc05753u.jpg

dsc05754l.jpg
dsc05755y.jpg

dsc05756vt.jpg
dsc05757gv.jpg

dsc05758k.jpg

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
wyndcrosser said:
Dude that's shit, did it say that in the comments section when you purchased it?

Wynd

Yeah, I would like to know too. and what is the name of the seller who sold it to you?
seller was 11ComputerGeeks of all things. I'm not too stressed. Even with third parties, Amazon purchases are a lot safer than ebay. I have filed the complaint and requested a return inside the return period of 30 days so there won't be a problem.

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They offered me £43 and keep the item.

I threatened and they agreed a full refund. Item has been shipped back today.

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
you should also report them to amazon
I think I will leave it be. They have given me a full refund. I checked the seller's shop and it looks as if they are only selling accessories now.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Mantis41 said:
RoMee said:
you should also report them to amazon
I think I will leave it be. They have given me a full refund. I checked the seller's shop and it looks as if they are only selling accessories now.
Shit like this should always be reported.

What happens if they do it again?

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally found another one for £129. It has arrived and is an original in a sealed box. Thank fuck. I was a bit nervous about buying another cheapy. It is also looks like old stock and had firmware "5.something"
yaypsp.gif
Thanks for the PSP Tuts Ryds if your still lurking.

I found the downloads for CPS1, CPS2 and MVS with full ROMs. All I have to say is "friken awesome." The DSiXL is collecting dust.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free