Hardware PSP GO, not going in USB Mode, not recognized

caifanes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, first of all, hello to everybody, this forum is awesome and it has a lot of really good things to see and share, and when I am in doubt, I am always here looking for answers.

Well the thing is, I just recently got a second hand PSP GO with 6.60 firmware, It works fine, and everything....but I am desperate...

The device did not came with the original USB cable so I bought one from Ebay, and I proceeded to connect it to my laptop,

The System Settings are : USB Auto Connect: ON; USB Charge: OFF; and then put the PSP GO in the "USB Connection Mode"

what happens next it is very strange, because the PSP GO it is actually charging through the laptop, and I can see the orange light, but...., it seems not to recognize the PSP GO storage, because it does not recognize it as a system, so I cannot transfer files nor anything (like an USB), and the message is still: "Connect this system to a PC or a PS3 system using a USB Cable" even though the PSP is connected,

I do not know, maybe is the USB Cable that is wrong, or do I need to install some kind of drivers ?; I have already installed the Media Go, and nothing happened...or perhaps the PSP GO is defective, because without the USB support it is practically worthless.

Does somebody faced similar issue?

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have CFW installed? If so, that's what's probably causing the problem. Try booting your PSP back to OFW (shut down your PSP and turn it on again). Turn off "USB Auto Connect" in your System Settings and manually connect your PSP to your computer via USB Connection.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Problem is probably the 3rd party charging/USB cable. I had the same problem before (charging, but not connecting to PC through USB). I spent the extra bucks for an official charger cable. You can also buy the psp go cradle and use a normal PSP charger.

caifanes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, thank you for the responses.

No it does not have CFW, and yes I think the USB cable maybe its the problem, but the sad thing, it is that I have not been able to find the offical USB for the PSP GO, i live in the UK;

Maybe I will try to buy another one and see what happens.... or do you think the internal storage is damaged?

RyanTHEdestroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been having the same problem with psp go. I found out that some psp go cables only let u charge. I finally found one that lets you transfer data, but now it broke or something cause my pc says "device not recognized" when I plug it in. Im so mad I got a go. I had a 1001 and two 3001's. I lost two of them and gave one away. I almost want to buy a new 3000 but I just cant bring myself to buy two of something. On a side note: If anyone has a ps vita with 3.52 cfw or lower, let me know. I'll pay big bucks for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte