Hacking PSP Go Homebrew

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking of getting a PSP Go mainly for emulation purposes and media support. I have read the getting started threads which were very good and clear. I want to install a permanent patch on it. Though it seems like it doesn't have that feature (correct me if I'm wrong).

Here is a Video I want to share:

I have read here that the PRO CFW 6.60 is the best option. Best this Video is showing that 6.61 ME & 6.61 LME CFW is the better option. I'm just a bit confused which to download (The PRO, ME or LCFW). I just want to know what is the best option to download for current 2015 PSP Go running homebrew.

Here is a quote from the video
"cIPL will never work on 88v3, 3000 or Go.
Perma patch for 6.61 (for all PSPs) is in the works. Expect it in late 2015.
Gpsp kai works on ME/LME.
cIPL/Perma patch allows to unbrick the PSP in some cases, where a light version would be a certain death."

Hopefully we will see in the future. If anyone is into the PSP scene if they can confirm that a perma patch for all PSP is in the works?

Thanks

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is pratically no point in going permanent as semi-CFW (light CFW) does the exact same features as permanent.
Only con of light CFW is you have to boot a homebrew everytime you hard reset
but who hard resets on purpose when you can standby/sleep it?

On the other hand, light CFW lets you move between OFW and CFW effortlessly if you want to access PSN for some reason.

I would say get PRO 6.60 or LME 6.60 because most of the current homebrew was made for 6.60 and they haven't gotten a revision for 6.61 yet.
Firmware 6.61 doesn't even add much so no point.

When you run the CFW Installation, do not run CIPL Flasher since that turns your installed LCFW to permanent CFW.

Reactions: WiiFit_Guy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol