OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Story:
One night i was playing with my psp go in bed, then turned it off, and placed it on my table and i went to sleep. Next morning i try to turn it on and it doesnt want to turn itself on... I though its no big deal... I mustve put it to sleep instead of fully off and the battery mustve drained out.

So i put it to charge (wall charger not usb). But the orange light that indicates its charging, doesnt work... I still left it plugged in half a day. I then try to boot it, and again, it doesnt turn ON.

I read on the net someone with same problem says he fixed it by unscrewing the back plate, and unplugging the battery for a few minutes, enough time to reset the memory and plugged it back in and his problem was solved. I did the same thing and BINGO the PSP Go was now booting, everything seemed fine.

But heres the problem now.
The PSP Go doesnt charge if the console is turned off or in sleep mode. It has to be turned on, and left in the main menu for it to charge. The orange light is lit to indicate its charging, but if i put the PSP Go to either sleep mode or OFF the orange light turns off and the psp doesnt charge.

Anyone has a solution for this?

I have a white psp go, hacked with latest hackable FW (6.39 i think?).

Thanks.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's very likely that the battery connector is loose, my advice would be to re-do the entire procedure.

Was your PSP subjected to any falls, perhaps? Even againts a soft surface, the shock still affects the internals.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem.

if you buy one of the cheap 3rd party cables from amazon or ebay it will work fine. I'm not sure what causes the issues but for some reason they stop working properly on the original cable but work on the cheaper 3rd party ones. It might be the custom firmware screwing things up. If you look at the cheapy 3rd party cable it seems to be using less pins. Don't worry I have been using this type of cable for 6months and I haven't had any battery or over charging issues and the cheap cables will still charge from USB when not connected.

Reactions: 1 person

Slave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey thanks alot, I came back from the store (finally had time to go shopping) and yeah turns out a cheaper power cable fixed the problem. Pretty F---ed Up if you ask me... Sony's brand is shittier than 3rd parties.

Thanks for the help! Much apreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night