PSP Games - RPG must have?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Txustra, Nov 21, 2016.

Nov 21, 2016

PSP Games - RPG must have? by Txustra at 9:03 PM (1,543 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. lcie nimbus

Member lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Canada
    more .
    Half minute hero : awesome
    persona 2 :innocent sin . pretty damn good
    Rpg/shooter : the 3rd birthday: now that's what I'm talkin bout.
    valkyria chronicles 3 : masterpiece
    Tales of Eternia : just wow.....

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

it isn't too tactical . its rather unique . and its also hard , battles require you to actually think , not follow the guidebook . its unique , that's all I can say . ill let the game itself do the rest of the talking

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

have you tried the monster hunter or god eater games? they seem to fit the bill of what your looking for.

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Member Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I think you said too much, check the quote for underline words if you wanna know why.
    And if anyone missed this part.
    NO I have not tried monster hunter. Well a demo on wii u that took 30 minutes to play, a island with a monster that runs around and trying to slay it? I dunno is that where the idea of dark souls came from? I just thought it seem more like the console version of what should be a PC MMORPG game. Does it have a plot? A story mode? A ending? Level up or something? Or is it just "Kill monsters, make equipment from killing monsters, kill more monsters." To be honest i never played mmorpg games, i'm not sure why but it probably just not used to being open like that i guess. :unsure:

What the heck is god eater? :blink:

3. NanoSpriggan

Newcomer NanoSpriggan Member

Australia
    Monster Hunter is fairly story light in comparison to most games, God Eater is a clone of sorts to Monster Hunter which takes more of a focus on the story, which is generally fairly decent.

4. lcie nimbus

Canada
    its a bit more than decent . here

its an action rpg . while similar to monster hunter in some ways , has a pretty good story

5. lcie nimbus

Canada
    i'm amazed that there's a thread about PSP RPGS , and not a single person has mentioned LEGEND OF THE HEROES : TRAILS IN THE SKY . I mean one of the freakin best rpg's of all time and no one has brought it up yet , admitidly the game takes a few hours to get going , but once it does , oh dear lordy is it ever great . I absolutely loved the story , characters , music , and the gameplay , the gameplay , while a bit limited at first , only keeps getting better throughout the entire game , oh and did I mention the writing ? this is without a doubt the most well-written game I have ever come across , barring none . while the ending was a massive cliff-hanger , yet soooooo satisfiying , you can jump right in to the sequel , Second Chapter and keep on playing . seriously to anyone reading this .PLAY THAT GAME .

my favorite boss theme

DarthDub likes this.
  6. brandon2141

Newcomer brandon2141 Member

Canada
    Star ocean 1
    FF crisis core
    tales of eternia
    Ys 7
    Gungnir
    tales of phantasia
    brave story
    tactics ogre
    valkyria chronicles 3
    final fantasy tactics
    Monster hunter freedom unite (not an rpg but still good like god eater, monster hunter >god eater tho)