epicCreations.or

OP
Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
I got this used PSP1K for $50, and I have a feeling that the reason it was being sold was because it was defective. The volume buttons, as well as the home button and I THINK the mute button, all will randomly toggle on their own, rapidly. The Memory Stick will also randomly connect and disconnect on it's own. I'm not really sure what to do in this situation.

What I've tried:
1. Pulling the battery.
2. On and off.
3. Standby.
4. Removing the memory stick and reinserting (several times).

all of these pull null results, with it simply resuming where it left off. can anyone help a brotha out?
tongue.gif

(running 6.20 PRO-B5, if anyone is wondering, although since I got it at 6.31 (upgdating to 6.38 and downgrading back) it has been doing this as well)

EDIT: Dammit, it keeps asking if I want to quit a game while trying to play, scrambling and hyperspeeding my movement controls, and I can't even use USB Connection because of it rapidly quitting.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um what is you iso boot mode(ya know like m33 driver). MY psp 1k acts funny if i have the boot mode as normal and I open the disk door funily like yours acts.

epicCreations.or

OP
Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
DarkShinigami said:
Um what is you iso boot mode(ya know like m33 driver). MY psp 1k acts funny if i have the boot mode as normal and I open the disk door funily like yours acts.
I'm new to the PSP scene, so I'm not even really sure what that means... could you enlighten me?

EDIT: DaedalusX64 keeps treating a button press as turbo (even the fastest and gentlest of taps), so I can't access any settings, and hitting L or R asks me to go home... There is something terribly wrong here...

EDIT: The mute and home seems to have stopped acting up. But DaedalusX64 is still acting odd.

EDIT: I downloaded the version of DaedalusX64 from Filetrip, and it seems to be working, but holding any key down gives the following message until release:
QUOTEKeep holding Home
Press X to confirm you want to quit
Any other key will cancel

epicCreations.or

OP
Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
I've formatted several times, and I'm unwilling to update to OFW after tasting ISOs, PSX emulation and N64 emulation
tongue.gif

Also, it happened in OFW as well so I'm not sure what that would accomplish, other than more inconvenience.

UPDATE ON DAEDALUSX64: I cannot hit any button during emulation or it will bring me to the "paused" menu. I'm imagining that it is combining "home button" with each button press.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
From a reply in another topic...

xist said:
b) Test whether it's actually registering with something like this or this.

Replace the word registering with misfiring or something similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.