Hacking PSP EMU (NATIVELY) hacked on PSVITA.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to be able to access the homebrews in PSP/VHBL as I can do without taiHENkaku running and the game2vhbl plugin is annoying because it disables ISO loading.
In that case, why not just install the VHBL custom bubble? You should be able to launch VHBL while in Henkaku and then Adrenaline while in taiHen mode using the same PSP game (I think? Since taiHen runs the Adrenaline by basically hijacking the eboot and running the 6.61 eboot).

http://wololo.net/2016/07/29/tutorial-installing-vhbl-custom-bubble-via-henkaku-firmware-3-60/

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
In that case, why not just install the VHBL custom bubble? You should be able to launch VHBL while in Henkaku and then Adrenaline while in taiHen mode using the same PSP game (I think? Since taiHen runs the Adrenaline by basically hijacking the eboot and running the 6.61 eboot).

http://wololo.net/2016/07/29/tutorial-installing-vhbl-custom-bubble-via-henkaku-firmware-3-60/

That's how everything is already set up for me:rofl2:
I already had a VHBL bubble, which is what TaiHEN is now configured to hook Adrenaline into.
What I want is to not have to reboot out of TaiHEN mode to be able to run homebrews in the VHBL directory, and the easiest way to do that seems to be to just run the VHBL PBOOT straight from the Adrenaline XMB.

I'd like to know why the PSP XMB is unhappy to load the VHBL PBOOT.PBP where the Vita OS is happy to, and hopefully to fix that. This isn't just about practically using homebrew, I'm interested in why that's technically the case too.:P

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
But why are you so insistent on using homebrew in VHBL? You could literally just move all the homebrew in the VHBL folder to /PSP/GAME and they'd work fine in Adrenaline. :unsure:

But if you're so insistent on using VHBL for whatever reason, I don't think it'd actually be possible within Adrenaline mainly because it's already in a PSP mode. I would assume VHBL would try and gain access to PSP mode...while it's already in PSP mode, which is why it fails.

Worst case scenario you might have to use another PSP game and just have one for Adrenaline and one for VHBL.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
But why are you so insistent on using homebrew in VHBL? You could literally just move all the homebrew in the VHBL folder to /PSP/GAME and they'd work fine in Adrenaline. :unsure:.

And now I get back to the problem of not being able to use those homebrews without TaiHEN running, and I have pretty bad luck when it comes to running the offline installer so I'd rather be able to use the homebrews within directly-booted VHBL too. :wacko:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You could always not turn your Vita off :P

But yeah, in that case I'm thinking you'll have to use another PSP game or the game2vhbl plugin.

And now I get back to the problem of not being able to use those homebrews without TaiHEN running, and I have pretty bad luck when it comes to running the offline installer so I'd rather be able to use the homebrews within directly-booted VHBL too. :wacko:
Actually, have you tried running the base game you use for Adrenaline while in Adrenaline? Maybe that will load the VHBL eboot :unsure:

I'm a dirty dirty double poster

Vlad_78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What's up guys ? Wanted to know what the sonya lady did to block the psn spoofing? Because from what I saw, only 3.61 and 3.63 left so far, what did they change on their server?

This came from my zenfone GO using fuckstaka

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
You can get rid of the annoying filtering by hitting the power button twice while in the psp game quit screen. This will make it not blurry, but the pixels will be more noticeable.

Oh, and make sure you have the filtering set to official in the adrenaline menu.

i tried this, but it looks almost the same.
or it could just be my bad eyes.

to me normally when i first boot into adrenaline, i like the sharp filter the most actually.
hmm.

i wish we could have that hd rendering thing in this vita psp emu, would be sick.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if it's possible to load the VHBL PBOOT.PBP installation from the Adrenaline XMB?
Isn't that for Vita only? I thought there was one for psp systems and one specifically designed for Vita systems, (maybe i am wrong) So perhaps maybe find the one that works on psp since you are running it from psp mode? If you have one already set up from psp system you have, try transfer to vita and check.:unsure:

Then again, with adreanline why would anyone need the hbl, it supposed to be the replacement.:blink:

I can't get GPSP to work at all on my vita and is directly copy from my psp system, so if anyone could help with that it be nice. :)

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried this, but it looks almost the same.
or it could just be my bad eyes.

to me normally when i first boot into adrenaline, i like the sharp filter the most actually.
hmm.

i wish we could have that hd rendering thing in this vita psp emu, would be sick.
Are you sure? I think the difference is pretty noticeable.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Are you sure? I think the difference is pretty noticeable.

yes i'm sure.
or maybe i do it wrong , you said i should enter psp game and then hit the home button so that i see the option to quit game or not , and then while in the exit menu i should push the power button twice yes?

that is what i did.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the font. It's much clearer without the filtering. Everything else is clearer as well, but I think the difference is easiest to notice with font. The one on top is the one with filtering off.
Ik5dR16.jpg
wX6W0hI.jpg

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Look at the font. It's much clearer without the filtering. Everything else is clearer as well, but I think the difference is easiest to notice with font. The one on top is the one with filtering off.
Ik5dR16.jpg
wX6W0hI.jpg

oh the text looks much better on the bottom picture.

so what to do is , setting the filter option in settings to 'official' and then while in game press home and then twice on power button?
but this needs to be done everytime you boot a game yeah?

kind of hassly if you ask me, and plus i think that the 'sharp' filter in the settings looks pretty good on text.
but the best thing would be a full rendering , that would be amazing.

to the native ps vita resolution, would be so nice.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh the text looks much better on the bottom picture.

so what to do is , setting the filter option in settings to 'official' and then while in game press home and then twice on power button?
but this needs to be done everytime you boot a game yeah?

kind of hassly if you ask me, and plus i think that the 'sharp' filter in the settings looks pretty good on text.
but the best thing would be a full rendering , that would be amazing.

to the native ps vita resolution, would be so nice.
Idk, I think the top is better, in particular the "easy normal hard extreme" The bottom is without doing anything. The image is smoothed, which I don't like.

And yeah, that's how you do it.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Idk, I think the top is better, in particular the "easy normal hard extreme" The bottom is without doing anything. The image is smoothed, which I don't like.

And yeah, that's how you do it.

true that, looks much easier to read actually now that i looked again .
hmm, but still maybe it is asking for too much when i say 'hd rendering' XD even if it is not a full hd render.

would be so damn nice if the psp isos looked just abit as close as it looks on the ps3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end