Hardware PSP e-1004 or 3004

BaronBanana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Heya,i recently bought a dslite along with dstwo but since christmass is around the corner,i was thinking of grabbing a psp but the problem is i am total noob when it comes to the whole homebrew/cfw/emulators department.
The things is that the e-1004 is apparently the latest model and is sold around 95-99 euros over here,while the 3000 is at least 120 wherever i look.For a guy like me that is mostly looking to play emulators/ps1 games along with some psp games which would be the better choice?
Unfortunately i can not provide the firmware of neither models,which would help :unsure:
Anyone perharps has personal experience with these models?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
For what you are wanting to do (haxing and such), both models would be fine. However, the PSP cheap doesn't have Wifi of any kind and it has a single speaker. Don't know if that's important to you or not.

The general concensus among this and other forums seems to side with the 3000 model -- if that helps.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Ultimately Wifi tends to be a novelty on the PSP and the speakers have never been what you'd call great (using headphones is generally the best option)....which means if you're happy with the horrendous build and appearance of the cheaper model you're not sacrificing anything you can't live without.

However if you treat your consoles a bit like little electronic children and enjoy having things you take pride in, then don't eat for a week or two and go for the 3000.

BaronBanana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Cheers for your input on the subject mate,but just to make sure though there is not the possibility of either model beign pre-installed with the latest ofw availiable thus we cant downgrade/use cfw which results on not beign able to actually hax the system?
I mean i keep reading that you can not downgrade from a higher to lower firmware that the psp came out and that creates implications.

BaronBanana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ultimately Wifi tends to be a novelty on the PSP and the speakers have never been what you'd call great (using headphones is generally the best option)....which means if you're happy with the horrendous build and appearance of the cheaper model you're not sacrificing anything you can't live without.

However if you treat your consoles a bit like little electronic children and enjoy having things you take pride in, then don't eat for a week or two and go for the 3000.
Well that whole "dont eat for a week or two and go for the 3000" was a bit harsh, :P but i cant blame you.One a more serious subject i really did not know/expect that the e-1000 model is actually horrendous in both build and apperance so thank you for bringing that up :blink: .I would have thought that e-1000 would actually "feel better" in both screen/controls compared to 3000,but thanks for correcting me

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Cheers for your input on the subject mate,but just to make sure though there is not the possibility of either model beign pre-installed with the latest ofw availiable thus we cant downgrade/use cfw which results on not beign able to actually hax the system?
I mean i keep reading that you can not downgrade from a higher to lower firmware that the psp came out and that creates implications.
It will probably come with firmware 6.60 (the latest), but that won't matter because the current cfws support it. You will have all the important homebrew privileges.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Given that both are fully capable of running a CFW your best bet is to visit a shop and see the consoles up close. Failing that look at some pics.....

Personally i think the e-1000 looks like the bastard spawn of Satan.

BaronBanana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It will probably come with firmware 6.60 (the latest), but that won't matter because the current cfws support it. You will have all the important homebrew privileges.
Once again thank you for your quick reply i think that along with xist input my best bet would be a 3000 model,i am sure i could find a brand new one for cheap one of these days

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
3000, hands-down. It's not even about the WiFi, although it is useful to have since when you install the high mem mod the browser is actually quite pleasant plus you can multi with other users, be it using AdHoc or XLink Kai, but... the built quality alone on the e-1000 is horrendous and the only thing good about it is the new Start/Select/Volume buttons - I like those. The rest feels like it's about to fall apart.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Superlative review of the e1000 here
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-psp-e1000-review

BlazeV

Trophies
XP
Country
The PSP-3000 is way better than the e1000 plus if its pre-owned it should be around the same price with more features.

I have a PSP-2000 and I was able to get it for much cheaper in australia so I don't see the e1000 worth that much anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded