Gaming PSP Disc overwrite?

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taking one mSD out or swapping the slots will make all the data unreadable (unless you put it back how it was originally).
That's what I'd thought. Having it work any other way would be impossible to do currently with such a small card, as the hardware would need to interpret the data being installed, and know what to put where, what files need to be clumped together, etc. I mean, it could be done, theoretically... but not on such a small size with currently-existing technology...

and if the disk has a ring (i assume you mean it has like a big scratch that goes all around?) then the disk is dead one way or another. Toothpaste only works on the most miniscule scratches, if at all. and even then, most toothpastes cause more damage than they solve.

you'll have to get another copy or an iso to play from memorycard (its about 1,5gb in size)
do you have any kind of guarantee? maybe you could return it, because these games should be pretty much safe from scratch damage due to their umd nature. if it created a circular scratch all around, something with the umd casing has to be wrong. unless you somehow got sand into the umd case...
That is what I mean, and GameStop only has a 7-Day warranty on used games, and... now that I think about it, When I first got it, the clear part on the front of the UMD case was indented at the bottom... Shit.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
doesnt gamestop try to push this one dollar 'always and forever free replacement of disk' kinda thing on you where you life?

you could go to your (or maybe rather a different closeby gamestop) buy the game again, get the unlimited exchange thing for a dollar or two (its 1€ here) and try to pass your broken disk off as the one you recently bought. then you'd have two working disks and you could probably trade in one of them somewhere or sell it on ebay?

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'd thought. Having it work any other way would be impossible to do currently with such a small card, as the hardware would need to interpret the data being installed, and know what to put where, what files need to be clumped together, etc. I mean, it could be done, theoretically... but not on such a small size with currently-existing technology...

It's called RAID. Its done VERY easily by your PSP.

EDIT: Also it doesn't put each file on each card. It treats the two cards as if they were one and splits every single file between the two cards.

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rather new question (Still to the topic). How can I convert a PSP ISO to an eboot.pbp for my OFW PSP? Whenever I try run Fake NP on the Birth by Sleep ISO (I have used UMD generator to extract the pic files and eboot.bin), a command prompt with text appears and disappears in literally under a second, leaving me unable to read even the first letter of the text.

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bah, fuck it. I'm trying to upgrade to a Vita now. This thread has become irrelevant to me, as I'll be rebuying all my games on PSN. Anyone know of any OFW Vita homebrews (Hoping for an NES Emulator)? :P

D

Deleted User

Bah, fuck it. I'm trying to upgrade to a Vita now. This thread has become irrelevant to me, as I'll be rebuying all my games on PSN. Anyone know of any OFW Vita homebrews (Hoping for an NES Emulator)? :P

0 as far as i know for vita there are 0 ofw homebrew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool