Hacking PSP 3000 Module checking? PRO-B or LME?

devil-fish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm waiting for my preowned PSP to arrive and I want to put CFW on it. It's my understanding that if the module is above 06g it cannot be downgraded and you need to use 6.39 PRO B8 or the LIGHT ME temporary firmware on it? Is that correct?

How do I check the module number/motherboard? are their any PSP 3000's out there that cannot run the PRO B8 or LME firmware and will brick if tried?

I've searched and read til my eyes are sore but definitely want to check that I'm not going to brick my PSP by doing something silly!
So no matter what module or motherboard my PSP3000 is, the PRO B8 *should* install without problems on the appropriate OFW?

Thanks

devil-fish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:

Great! Thank you. After I have my moduke/motherboard details. are there any PSP 300's hardware configurations that are unstable/non compatible with certain CFW's?

Looks like I'm planning to use PRO-B8 if possible as it seems to have good emulator and PSX support.

Cheers

devil-fish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
PRO-B8 has versions that work on every single PSP model as long as the firmware is 6.39 or less.

Yes, even the Go.

Thanks. So regardless of my 3000's motherboard info. as long as the OFW version matches the PRO B8 CFW version it will be compatible?

Thanks

devil-fish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I only have a 32mb MS Pro DUo at the moment. Any reason why it should cause a problem? Should I wait and buy a larger stickl before installing the CFW?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.