Hardware PSP 2004 USB Problem (Please wait screen and not appearing on the PC)

iSasFTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey! So, i'm sure this has been asked before, but I've tried all of the solutions I've seen so far, and none of them worked.
So, my issue is that whenever i connect a USB cable to my PSP, I get a screen that says "Please wait..." and it won't go away. My software version is 5.50 Prome-2. (I didn't install that CFW myself, so i don't have experience on that)

• I've tried multiple cables, they all have the same result. I know my cable can transmit both data and power.
  • The cable worked on Windows 7, and it worked with Media Go as well. (I'm currently running Windows 10)
  • Tried bending the cable and moving it around.
  • Tried switching between Flash0, Flash1, Flash2 etc. modes in the recovery
  • Tried looking in the Device Manager: No PSP, nor "USB Storage device" (Or something along those lines) with an exclamation mark show up.
Okay! Any help with the issue would be much appreciated, I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. I hope to find some replies from here, since i originally posted to another forum, receiving around 400 views but no replies. Anyway, any help would be much appreciated :D

-Sas

D

Deleted User

I just realized, is the psp set to charge from usb at all times? I remember hearing that being an issue somewhere. Also... i'm not sure how well the pcp would enjoy switching CFWs, i would suggest switching to ME

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like the OP has the 1000. Charging via USB started on the 2000.

I'm not sure if you are using the same system or cable. Try other ports and another cable. If those still don't work then try installing the type B libusb driver. I have had some devices detect and fail to install yet don't show up as missing a driver in the device manager in Windows 10 (and others). If only for transferring to the MSPD then maybe just get a reader.

iSasFTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It sounds like the OP has the 1000. Charging via USB started on the 2000.

I'm not sure if you are using the same system or cable. Try other ports and another cable. If those still don't work then try installing the type B libusb driver. I have had some devices detect and fail to install yet don't show up as missing a driver in the device manager in Windows 10 (and others). If only for transferring to the MSPD then maybe just get a reader.
I'm sure i have the 2000, and i have turned off USB charging. I'm also sure it doesn't charge via USB despite. I've tried many cables, making sure they're data not just power, and different ports too. I'll try libusb though, thanks for that :)

EDIT:

Not sure how to install the driver, since Windows never asks for a driver, it doesn't even recognize the device. The PSP knows it's connected via USB, and a couple of times I've heard the device connection sound on Windows, but it never asks for a driver, and never shows up in device manager (or my computer).

Last edited by iSasFTW,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm sure i have the 2000, and i have turned off USB charging. I'm also sure it doesn't charge via USB despite. I've tried many cables, making sure they're data not just power, and different ports too. I'll try libusb though, thanks for that :)

EDIT:

Not sure how to install the driver, since Windows never asks for a driver, it doesn't even recognize the device. The PSP knows it's connected via USB, and a couple of times I've heard the device connection sound on Windows, but it never asks for a driver, and never shows up in device manager (or my computer).
that could be a case of windows not assigning a letter...
can ya try on other computa?
try this
http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/26/windows-10/change-drive-letters-windows-10.html
see what appears on the disk list, if psp is there or not...
be carefull, don't change stuff around on normal HDD, just check if the psp shows up on the list and if it's mounted or not

iSasFTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
that could be a case of windows not assigning a letter...
can ya try on other computa?
try this
http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/26/windows-10/change-drive-letters-windows-10.html
see what appears on the disk list, if psp is there or not...
be carefull, don't change stuff around on normal HDD, just check if the psp shows up on the list and if it's mounted or not

Well i pulled out my computer from some drawer, fired it up, and it's so slow that i couldn't even open the start menu, and the Manage thing doesn't work either. So i can't do it on that PC. Also, it doesn't have Windows 7 anymore, i updated right before i got a new one...

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if using a powered USB hub would work. Maybe it has something to do with the current from the ports? You should probably just restore/format, reinstall the old computer to use as a PSP bitch or get a media read that supports MS/PD.

iSasFTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I wonder if using a powered USB hub would work. Maybe it has something to do with the current from the ports? You should probably just restore/format, reinstall the old computer to use as a PSP bitch or get a media read that supports MS/PD.

I was thinking about getting a reader for PSP MemorySticks, and technically that would solve the problem, but then i couldn't record the PSP screen, which I've always wanted to try to do. I'm going to try to downgrade my computer to Windows 7, but I'm not sure if it'll let me, since it's already been over 30 days since i upgraded. (I can only hope that it wasn't counting time while switched off in the drawer :P) I could try the powered USB hub, but since I'm not sure it would work, and I don't have one, I'd just be wasting money by buying one if it doesn't.

EDIT: Yep, its not letting me downgrade anymore. Could reinstall Win10 but dunno...

EDIT 2: The old PC started to work a bit better now. Still nothing in My Computer/This PC and nothing in Computer Management -> Disk Management. Nothing in device manager either. Trying to download MediaGo now, see if that sees anything. (Probably not, but it's worth a shot, right?)

EDIT 3: MediaGo didn't work either.

Last edited by iSasFTW,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night