Hacking PsP 2001 - CwCheat Issue - Holding Select doesnt do anything

LuNaaTiiKzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, Im new to this forum and this is my first ever post. I just would like to address an Issue im having with my PsP and operating the CwCheat.

I recently had an urge/intetest on PsP once again after a long while. Ive had numerous PSP from the original 1000's model to the 3000's. Some of my most memorable games Ive played are Final Fantasy Crisis Core and Persona 3.

Due to my sudden urge of wanting to play the system again. A friend of mine sold me his modded PsP 2000 with a dozen of games I have yet played/missed during my time when the PsP was still my thing. Games such as Ys Seven, Star Ocean, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and so on. One of my main reason why i wanted to go back and play PSP is because of Fat Princess Fistful of Cake LOL.

Anyways, Im in College and have so little time to play these amazing games but given the little time I have to sit down and relax, I want to play these games. Thus, I thought of using CwCheat to speed up my game experience while still being able to experience and play the game!

Here is my issue and why Im posting this. Ive never had a modded PSP before, therefore my knowledge of this whole CFW and CwCheats are very little.

Long story Short:
- Ive downloaded and made a folder of Seplugins on the Root of my Mem.Stick.
- Ive downloaded and put CwCHeat inside the Seplugins
- Ive Enabled CwCheat prx on my PsP
- Go in game
- Hold Select for more than 3 Seconds
- But the CwCheat doesnt pop up.

I dont know much anything else as far that,
I have a System Software: 5.50 Gen-D2 if that helps.

Hope to resolve this issue. Any help/advice are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work if you play a PSX2PSP eboot?
To be honest, I've always had this issue too, but for some reason CWCheat only worked with PSX2PSP games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
On your memory stick, you should have three files - game.txt, vsh.txt and pops.txt, you need to put the plugin in game.txt if you want it to function in-game. All you need to do is add the path to the plugin file as a new line and follow it by 1 for enabled and 0 for disabled.

It's also high time for you to upgrade to 6.20 or 6.60 PRO-C2 (depending on your PSP's motherboard), you're using a heavily outdated custom firmware.

LuNaaTiiKzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Capture.PNG
Captu1re.PNG
Captu2re.PNG
Captur3e.PNG
Captur4e.PNG

What did I do wrong? And Yeah people told me to upgrade to 6.60. I might just do that. Ill have to figure out how tho aha.

Thanks for the reply guys!

LuNaaTiiKzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On your memory stick, you should have three files - game.txt, vsh.txt and pops.txt, you need to put the plugin in game.txt if you want it to function in-game. All you need to do is add the path to the plugin file as a new line and follow it by 1 for enabled and 0 for disabled.

It's also high time for you to upgrade to 6.20 or 6.60 PRO-C2 (depending on your PSP's motherboard), you're using a heavily outdated custom firmware.

What do u mean add the path to the plugin?

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do u mean add the path to the plugin?

I think what he means is that in your case, you have to open game.txt with a text editor and add this line:

ms0:/Seplugins/cwcheat.prx 1

This enables the plugin to work in game.

Again, I tried this many times in the past under 5.50 and it never worked unless I played a PSX2PSP eboot :P

LuNaaTiiKzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think what he means is that in your case, you have to open game.txt with a text editor and add this line:

Again, I tried this many times in the past under 5.50 and it never worked unless I played a PSX2PSP eboot :P

Man. Ive literally tried everything. Ive posted 2 threads about this issue 1 here and 1 at gamefaq http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/918340-playstation-portable/70031813.

Both suggested to Upgrade to 6.60 So right now im trying to figure out how that works. ALL I WANT IF FOR CwCheats to work URG!!!
Do u happen to kno how to update from my 5.50 Gen-D2 to 6.60? If thats what it takes then ill have to do just that

LuNaaTiiKzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Capture.PNG

I did what u said and that code was already in there

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man. Ive literally tried everything. Ive posted 2 threads about this issue 1 here and 1 at gamefaq http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/918340-playstation-portable/70031813.

Both suggested to Upgrade to 6.60 So right now im trying to figure out how that works. ALL I WANT IF FOR CwCheats to work URG!!!
Do u happen to kno how to update from my 5.50 Gen-D2 to 6.60? If thats what it takes then ill have to do just that

I'm assuming your PSP does not have the TA-088v3 mobo?

You would have to get the OFW for 6.60 and a CFW. I would go for something like Pro CFW. (There might be newer stuff, but I haven't been keeping up much with the PSP scene)

You have to install the OFW via the menu after extracting the files in the UPDATE folder. Make sure you also extract the Pro CFW files. You should notice the folder extracted on the root of the Memory Stick is PSP/GAME After that, just run the application in the Game section of the XMB called Pro Update. CFW should install then.

View attachment 10279
I did what u said and that code was already in there

Yeah, try updating to 6.60 and let me know if it works better.
Also you seem to have two "cwcheat.prx" files. One is located in the "CWCHEAT" folder and one located in the Seplugins folder. Any reason why? I don't remember if both files had to be in those respective folders. Can you try changing

"MS0:/Seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1"
to
"MS0:/Seplugins/cwcheat.prx 1"

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If your Data Code is below 8B (you can find it under the battery next to the serial number) then go nuts and update to 6.60 OFW, then install PRO-C2 CFW. If you're over 8B, update to 6.20 and install PRO-C2 CFW. All are Googlable.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp.293978/

Take note that you should not install OFW straight away since you're on outdated custom firmware - first you have to roll back to 5.00 OFW and update from there. The thread above will help you with the process.

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess you haven't tried everything. For example, in the past I've had problems with some plugins because I ignored a certain factor: case sensitive.

Try updating the CFW and follow a pattern when typing folder names and txts/confs files, like... ALL lower case.

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious question(s)

For a PSP 2001, if the motherboard is TA-088v3, would you recommend staying away from Pro-C2?

I thought there would be little to no risk, with the fast recovery application. It would be like going through the DS Profile settings every time after shutting down the 3DS with the Gateway 3DS.

Is it just a matter of having the CFW stay on the console permanently, or is there something more to it?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Curious question(s) For a PSP 2001, if the motherboard is TA-088v3, would you recommend staying away from Pro-C2? I thought there would be little to no risk, with the fast recovery application. It would be like going through the DS Profile settings every time after shutting down the 3DS with the Gateway 3DS. Is it just a matter of having the CFW stay on the console permanently, or is there something more to it?
There is very little risk and only minimal wear and tear caused by restarting. The reason why I said that 8B+ systems shouldn't necessarily update to 6.60 is that the process is slightly inconvenient. 6.20 FW has virtually identical compatibility and has access to a permanent hack, so unless your PSP is cIPL-compatible, you have no reason to update to 6.60. The only benefit is access to Music Unlimited as far as I know, so it's pretty pointless.

LuNaaTiiKzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm assuming your PSP does not have the TA-088v3 mobo?

You would have to get the OFW for 6.60 and a CFW. I would go for something like Pro CFW. (There might be newer stuff, but I haven't been keeping up much with the PSP scene)

You have to install the OFW via the menu after extracting the files in the UPDATE folder. Make sure you also extract the Pro CFW files. You should notice the folder extracted on the root of the Memory Stick is PSP/GAME After that, just run the application in the Game section of the XMB called Pro Update. CFW should install then.

Yeah, try updating to 6.60 and let me know if it works better.
Also you seem to have two "cwcheat.prx" files. One is located in the "CWCHEAT" folder and one located in the Seplugins folder. Any reason why? I don't remember if both files had to be in those respective folders. Can you try changing

"MS0:/Seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1"
to
"MS0:/Seplugins/cwcheat.prx 1"

Man I kno so little of these things. Aha Alright so I have no idea why I have two. Ill delete one of em. and ive also tried switching out that MS0:/Seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1 to
MS0:/Seplugins/cwcheat.prx 1 and it didnt do nothing

I might just delete the whole Seplugins folder and start fresh... Im so lost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM