You slammin, bro?
OP
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday my dad and I attempted rehousing my PSP 1001. It worked pretty well, and looked good, but pressing right on the D-Pad didn't register very well unless you pressed it a certain way. To fix it, we took it apart, and sort of just made sure everything was put in right, and put it back together. (This time we only took off the faceplate.)

Now it won't charge, turn on, or light up any lights even when it's plugged in. The battery was fully charged earlier too. Saddened, I took off the faceplate again, and looked at the power circuit board thing. It looks fine, and the power switch is moving the tiny black nub on the power circuit board... everything looks fine, but it refuses to power on or charge or anything. Buying another one would be like $5 from dealextreme, but is it worth it? Would it fix the problem? Should I just try to get another PSP?...I feel like a total noob. :(

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yesterday my dad and I attempted rehousing my PSP 1001. It worked pretty well, and looked good, but pressing right on the D-Pad didn't register very well unless you pressed it a certain way. To fix it, we took it apart, and sort of just made sure everything was put in right, and put it back together. (This time we only took off the faceplate.)

Now it won't charge, turn on, or light up any lights even when it's plugged in. The battery was fully charged earlier too. Saddened, I took off the faceplate again, and looked at the power circuit board thing. It looks fine, and the power switch is moving the tiny black nub on the power circuit board... everything looks fine, but it refuses to power on or charge or anything. Buying another one would be like $5 from dealextreme, but is it worth it? Would it fix the problem? Should I just try to get another PSP?...I feel like a total noob. :(
There are a few things you could try. The condition you're describing seems to suggest that the battery's just loose - the PSP's charging LED won't show up if the battery's not connected.

Do try to turn on the PSP while the battery is removed - if it turns on then there's nothing wrong with the unit itself. If it doesn't - bridge the switch connectors temporarily with a piece of wire and see if that turns on the console. If it doesn't, then the issue lies in something else.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
OP
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Do try to turn on the PSP while the battery is removed - if it turns on then there's nothing wrong with the unit itself. If it doesn't - bridge the switch connectors temporarily with a piece of wire and see if that turns on the console. If it doesn't, then the issue lies in something else.
I've tried turning it on with the AC cord in, with the battery in, and both. Nothing...
What do you mean by "bridge the switch connectors temporarily with a piece of wire? Can you be more specific? Thanks for helping! :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, the way switches work is that they either connect two solderpoints together (permanently like in the case of a light switch or for a brief moment, like in the case of buttons) so if you check the pin-out of the switch online, you should be able to find which two solderpoints you should connect to cause the PSP to turn on. The PSP power switch is connecting them for a split second so just touching them should cause a reaction.

Reactions: 1 person

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
OP
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
HOLY KA-RAAAAP!
Thank you! You definitely helped. I found the problem, and now it works perfectly again! :D
394164_178559022246025_100002757864950_216647_1816441977_n.jpg

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
OP
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh that was forever ago! Maybe ifixit? I don't remember if I ordered a part... I still have this but I prefer my Go. Sorry I'm not much a help.

Olbap96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in need of help as well. I also have problems with my psp. My psp hasn't been turning on for a while. The green power light turns on and after 2 or 3 seconds it shuts off I don't know how or why this happened or how o fix this. Please help I need help.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your charge port has a problem. There is a reason they still sell that part. :-) Could be your cable has a short... But that behavior suggests that you battery is lacking juice and your attempts to charge it aren't doing any good.

Beyond that, if your PSP is hacked, your MS could be the problem. It is having contact issues or has been corrupted. Take it out and try booting again. If it works, clean the MS's contacts and try again w/ it in the PSP. If it fails on that attempt a format is probably in order... If all that fails, you might need a new MS.

If you are using a Photo Fast adapter (or similar) clean the contacts of the mSD it contains as well before formatting.

Olbap96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really have no clue man and no my psp is not hacked. Is a ms a memory stick ? If it is how do I get to it? Do I need to take it apart?

Hustle

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a psp 1001 around 2010 and the analog stick broke so I opened it to take out the old one I waited a week for a new analog stick when I finally got it i pit it on and when I tried to charge it the red light wouldn't show and it would not turn on how do I fix this

Last edited by Hustle,

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a psp 1001 around 2010 and the analog stick broke so I opened it to take out the old one I waited a week for a new analog stick when I finally got it i pit it on and when I tried to charge it the red light wouldn't show and it would not turn on how do I fix this
Did you try a different battery and what about running the device without a battery ? Is it not working without battery too ?

Thomas Durham

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a psp 1001 and it will not charge. , i have tried changing out cords to the ac adapter but to no avail, i have not used my psp in about a month. What i do kno is that it was charging just fine before we moved. Its like the psp is not picking up a signal from the ac adapter, i do have a micro usb wall charger but it doesnt work, do i need a usb cord for it? Do i need a new charger? Or is my psp a black paper weight?

Last edited by Thomas Durham,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...