relminator

#AnyaBasic
OP
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
hi guys, my nephew's PSP phat is kinda bricked( or semi-bricked).

Signs and symptoms:

1. I can turn it on with a battery and without a battery(charger plugged in) but it turns off after a few seconds.
2. I can enter recovery menus but still turns off after a few seconds.
3. Battery light is still lighted(albeit dimly) even if I turn of the power (with battery and with charger).

Any fix for this?

I'll try to make a pandora using my psp 3k (his battery) but I don't know if pandora + MMS will work.

Thanks!!!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd personally send the console to Sony - they're servicing broken PSP's afterall. If you're on CFW, you might have a problem.

I definatelly wouldn't try to overwrite the firmware if I weren't 100% sure that the console won't randomly turn off during the process. If you're on CFW though, just overwrite the firmware with an OFW before you send the console to Sony. Even if it "turns off" during the process, you're still technically on OFW so they shouldn't complain - tell them the console turned off during an update for no reason.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you opened it? I've had similiar issues after opening it (mine froze or it wouldn't just outright turn on). Turned out it was the screw behing the Analog Nub.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you opened it? I've had similiar issues after opening it (mine froze or it wouldn't just outright turn on). Turned out it was the screw behing the Analog Nub.
Could be. Making sure the power circuitry is assembled correctly is vital here afterall.
Well, I'm pretty sure that I assembled mine correctly, but there's still something that shorts out behind the Analog. I don't have the faintest idea of what it might be, as I've triple-checked everything.

...I can always blame Sony for poor design :creep:

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Could be. Making sure the power circuitry is assembled correctly is vital here afterall.
Well, I'm pretty sure that I assembled mine correctly, but there's still something that shorts out behind the Analog. I don't have the faintest idea of what it might be, as I've triple-checked everything.

...I can always blame Sony for poor design :creep:
>PSP works just fine before disassembling.
>PSP turns off after reassembling.
>Poor design, Sony. Your fault!

I agree. :P

Reactions: 1 person

relminator

#AnyaBasic
OP
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
raulpica: Nope I haven't opened it but he told me that he bought it at a used shop a year ago win Gen d3 preinstalled.

Foxi4: Can't uninstall CFW since it turns off after a few secs.

Don't think it has a warranty since he bought it used from a Hongkong shop. I even has a few dead pixels.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool