PS1/2 PSone (slim) problems with backups

kutteke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So i picked up a chipped psone (slim) and it came with a few games burnt on cdr.
I bought it so i could play some guncon games on it. However whenever I burn a game it just stays at the playstation logo. The games that came with it all boot and seem to be PAL (i'm also using PAL games).

I've opened the psone to check if there is anything wrong with the chip (seems to be fine).

My question: am i doing anything wrong? I've had chipped psx consoles in the past, are there any differences in burning copies for the slim version?

All my copies are tested on a ps2 with freemcboot and psxlauncher (using the swap trick).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How are you burning the games? What software do you use? Do the games match the region? Are they patched in any way? Do you know what kind of a chip is in the system?

kutteke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the games were burned with imgburn at 16x (slowest possible), not patched; matching PAL(e). the chip in the system is very small, i think it only bypasses the security not the region.
looks like the one on this picture: http://modchip.aeug.org/install/S550X5WZ.JPG

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just tried alcohol 120% and altough i got a write error it seems to be working now.
Mustve been the software...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Try burning the discs with IMGBURN and always boot games from a cold boot (power off->power on, not just reset) - the newer PSX chips have a Stealth Mode which disables the modchip the moment it boots a game. This prevents the chip from being detected, but also prevents swapping discs with just a soft reboot.

"Very small" is not a great chip description - most PSX chips these days look exactly the same, they're off-the-shelf PIC chips with no recognizable features. If you don't know what it is, you probably never will.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🥓 🍳 🍞 🍽️ 🥛