PS1/2 [PSOne/PSX] Boot w/o modchip and swap trick ?

OuahOuah

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Hello.

Just bought an unmodified old PSOne.

Is there a method to boot backup without modchip and without the swap trick ?

I've seen a "PS X chnage" on the Net but I don't know if there's a softmod method.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Monty Kensicle,

loco365

Trophies
XP
That's why I didn't suggest it and it's for the original PlayStation, not PSOne.

Also that thing costs $150. Most likely way more than what they paid for the PSOne.
But that's the price for a varying number of games. FFVII costs about $70 here used, as well as FFIX. $150 for essentially unlimited PS1 games and homebrew is a compromise I could make.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
But that's the price for a varying number of games. FFVII costs about $70 here used, as well as FFIX. $150 for essentially unlimited PS1 games and homebrew is a compromise I could make.
But it is still useless to the OP as it is for the original PlayStation via its parallel port and they have a PSOne they wish to mod.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If you want the bet PS1 experience, get a PSP-2000 or PSP-2001 with 6.60 CFW PRO-B on it, and load it with PS1 EBOOTs, playing it over the component cables to an HDTV or CRT. Gives the best PS1 experience without any hacks, modchips, etc.

Reactions: Monty Kensicle
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
If you want the bet PS1 experience, get a PSP-2000 or PSP-2001 with 6.60 CFW PRO-B on it, and load it with PS1 EBOOTs, playing it over the component cables to an HDTV or CRT. Gives the best PS1 experience without any hacks, modchips, etc.
How does one play games without both analog sticks and two less trigger buttons? I know most stuff doesn't even use all the buttons but still.

Also a phat PS2 with network adapter & HDD running Free MCBoot running PS1 .isos over component is decent. Loads of mucking about with settings and files though.

Reactions: Jayro

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm shocked no ones mentioned the one true method of playing PSX backups (ALL of them) and that is to use Action Replay... that is if you can find it. Plus it works on the PS2 and stuff.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm shocked no ones mentioned the one true method of playing PSX backups (ALL of them) and that is to use Action Replay... that is if you can find it. Plus it works on the PS2 and stuff.
OP already mentioned it, the "swap trick" granted it's way easier with an AR disc as opposed to playing musical chairs with your legitimate disc via swap. They didn't want to use that either.

Last edited by Monty Kensicle,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back