Hacking PSM app still downloadable

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not sure if you can still grab it through the PSN store, but the PKG files are certainly still downloadable from the Zeus server. You'd need a PS3 to be able to install them though..

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have a CFW PS3, or know someone with a CFW, it's pretty easy: just grab the PKGs off of Sony's server (I won't link to them here just in case, but the links can easily be found on Wololo's forums), install the PKGs to your PS3 (yes, they will "install", they will become bubbles for your Vita), then connect your Vita to the PS3, sign into PSN on said PS3 (don't forget to use PSN Patch/SEN Enabler/insert stealth app here) so you can use CMA, and then transfer the Dev app. After that's installed, install any update PKGs you obtained as well.

If you're using an OFW PS3 then you have to jump through hoops with Charles Proxy and intercepting a PS Vita PKG download (i.e. some demo or something), and substituting it with your own locally hosted PKG. I believe that process is detailed on Wololo's forums as well.

Reactions: Seroczynski

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
I would also like to know if this is possible still. After successfully getting it from the store on 2 different accounts (had to register both for PSM on https://psm.playstation.net/portal/ , before that the download button was not there) I was unable unable to get the download button on the 3rd account I tried (the first 2 was last Monday morning third one later the same Monday) even though the account was also registered for PSM. Have not been able to get the Assistant for the 3rd account ever since.

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
When you sign up for the PSM Developer Program, it should be automatically added to your download list on PSN.
Oh, that's cool. I'll have to check that out. Thanks

edit: Turns out I've been logging into the wrong account all the time. Was using one with almost the same name, just one letter different in the spelling...

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you sign up for the PSM Developer Program, it should be automatically added to your download list on PSN.

I also see it's been added to my user account when I check online. My question is can I transfer this over (cfw ps3 to vita trick) whenever I feel like it, or at the end of May, will this file get automatically removed from my download list?

It shows there's no expiration date but idk how accurate that message is.

Also, should just having the dev app installed on the Vita be enough, or do we also have to get some update/patches loaded as well to get it to a specific version #?

Mystic Shadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't NEED a CFW ps3 you just need Charles proxy download a vita app like paint park. Pause the download inject the pkg u want via Charles proxy continue the download on your ps3. Then do the open CMA trick on the PC then in the menu unhook the USB from the pc and hook it to the ps3. Wololo.net has the tut there on how to do the stuff.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a CFW PS3, or know someone with a CFW, it's pretty easy: just grab the PKGs off of Sony's server (I won't link to them here just in case, but the links can easily be found on Wololo's forums), install the PKGs to your PS3 (yes, they will "install", they will become bubbles for your Vita), then connect your Vita to the PS3, sign into PSN on said PS3 (don't forget to use PSN Patch/SEN Enabler/insert stealth app here) so you can use CMA, and then transfer the Dev app. After that's installed, install any update PKGs you obtained as well.

So I'm using rebug cfw and qcma, and thought this was strange: In my download list I see the developer app. But once I sign in on ps3, of shows (this application is not downloadable) but other apps like a game, are good to go.
Why can't I download it to my 3.15 vita through normal qcma cable trick?

Also, what are these PKG files from Sony you mention? Do those need to be installed first on the ps3 for this to work? Need to get this figured out today before Sony pulls that file. Thanks!

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=42720 that is tut I followed. The links are in it comments and another comment a few pages in showed how to set up Charles proxy.

I followed that bit the only thing I don't have setup is Charles proxy, and that linked file on mediashare. Thought that was only for non-cfw ps3s. But the file linked...what is it? What does it do when installed on the ps3?
Maybe I need to install the latest rebug version. Some posters said they had to do that to get this all to work.
What I'm still unclear on is do I need to do the whole "stop demo download and swap packages" step, because I have no idea how intercepting and replacing the file works. I saw the verbal guide but that was still vague. Is that necessary for cfw PSS and Vitas that are on lower few?

Mystic Shadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes its the only way and you need to set up the proxy in your ps3 internet settings watch the download say paint park pause it inject the PSM pkg and resume download. I'm not good a tuts I did this awhile ago sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."