Hacking PSGroove coming to pre-3.4.1 firmware

doyama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this news becomes reality, those of you who don't want to update because of the OtherOS option, might have a way to run the PSGroove. RichXDev has indicated that he's been able to get lvl2 code running. Thus its possible to get the PSGroove to work on pre-3.4.1 firmware.

http://twitter.com/RichDevX

If the OtherOS option is important to you, don't upgrade just yet. There maybe be hope for you
smile.gif

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now this is news I have been waiting for... I had not updated a while back (nothing really ever added so......)

This makes my day
smile.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use the FTP client on a jailbroken playstation 3 with otherOS and extract that portion of the playstation 3 and install it on newer playstation 3's?

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
What are the advantages of OtherOs, I understand it gives you the ability to add linux.
but does it matter that much >.< I have a pc with windows after all, did people develop nice stuff on this already?

(new ps3 user)

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, with a greater level access with a combination of a linux console, I'm pretty sure many things can be ported to the playstation 3. I am actually a newer PS3 user haha.

Not only that, but I'm sure things are easier to code with linux than the official illegal sony SDK =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.