Homebrew PSA: we don't know anything about homebrew or piracy on Switch

Kolyasisan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So It's been stated that you can update console's firmware through the other switch. One with the new firmware can send an update to the other. I think this is a thing that we should investigate when it releases.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure that people want to hack the Xbox's security, they just can't. You'll see with the Nintendo Switch, some smart people will try to hack it and they won't be able to do it.
Nothing is hack proof if you're dedicated enough, have the technical know and the required resources, equipment and money.
Strategies such as lockstep cores or asynchronous clocks with dummy cycles may go some way to make life difficult but a FPGA based glitch attach
will generally work out eventually once the glitching parameters are deduced (which of course is the hard bit)

thedropout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and made this simple little website to help people out.

hastheswitchbeenhacked you add the com to the end. Just a simple statement that it's not hacked yet and how many days since the official release it has been.

I dunno, I was bored. :-)

Reactions: NightScript

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my Switch and I don't plan on playing any online games soon (got Zelda to keep me company). I'm wondering if it would be cautious to hold off on updating for any potential Switch hacks or exploits that may come out. On every other console I've owned I've always missed out on the initial homebrew scene due to always keeping my consoles up to date. Anyone else going to hold off on updating to see what may happen in the next few days / weeks?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got my Switch and I don't plan on playing any online games soon (got Zelda to keep me company). I'm wondering if it would be cautious to hold off on updating for any potential Switch hacks or exploits that may come out. On every other console I've owned I've always missed out on the initial homebrew scene due to always keeping my consoles up to date. Anyone else going to hold off on updating to see what may happen in the next few days / weeks?
if you really want to be among the firsts to have homebrew, then yes, dont ever update your console.
personally, i prefer to keep it updated to have all features offered by nintendo. ill stop updating when temp begins to talk about potential exploit coming soon, even if theyre not released yet.
thats what i did with my wii u and my 3DS

doing that usually gets you to the second wave of exploit which is sometime more stable, like with the wii u and the 3DS

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna be that guy...

Given the lack of information regarding its abilities, I'm still asking...

Think we can emulate PS2 on this bad boy? I'm stoked for Budokai 3 on duh goh.

Seeing how awesomely pc's are with ps2 emulation, I'll say no, or at least not at any playable speed.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you ARE aware of how much slower ARM processors on the whole are, compared to even cheap pc's, right?
oh i see, youre the kind of guy who wants 120 fps, not a single frame drop, no glitch at all, am i right?
then go buy a ps2 and maybe youll get that.
for those like me who can handle some frame drop and play at 30fps, todays ps2 emulator are perfect

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s