Hacking PSA: The upcoming kernel exploit works on ALL firmware versions!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question I want to know is, why would someone want to stay on a really old firmware, after all that's been said on how they're perfectly safe and that there are no logical benefits to doing so?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
would blocking these url's just block the wii U end or botht he 3ds end too? prolly a stupid question but better safe than sorry.

Yes those also block 3DS updates

I haver the same urls blocked in my router for Wii-U and 3DS, i need to turn it off to access eshop on both or to let the systems update

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh btw, Kernel exploit != IOSU exploit, so no 'backup' loaders possible yet, right?

In that case, I'll hold out for a little longer. :P
Yeah, totally. But don't let it get you down. Once they complete kernel code entry getting at the ARM is as easy as 3ds and other multi processor devices.
Most multi processor devices send then receive and then repeat and unlock. During the second time there is a time delay that should be enough to send a different instruction.
Thanks to poorly written coding causing a bitbang process. At the rate these guys are moving I'd say entry to ARM no later than august.

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's safe to update the Wii U to the currently available firmware? I'd like to redeem this Mewtwo code and download some Club Nintendo rewards, but I don't want to miss out on Wii U homebrew.

Thanks in advance for any helpful answers.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's safe to update the Wii U to the currently available firmware? I'd like to redeem this Mewtwo code and download some Club Nintendo rewards, but I don't want to miss out on Wii U homebrew.

Thanks in advance for any helpful answers.

Yes, please do it ASAP since now's your chance.

cyadron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, let me know if I understand correctly.
If everything works well we will have the ability to play Wii U game backups this month ?
Thanks.

djisgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, let me know if I understand correctly.
If everything works well we will have the ability to play Wii U game backups this month ?
Thanks.

no . that would require an IOSU exploit and back up loaders to be written. they will be releasing the browser exploit in june which can be used for HOMEBREW you are still at least 6 months from a back up loader if ever.

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no . that would require an IOSU exploit and back up loaders to be written. they will be releasing the browser exploit in june which can be used for HOMEBREW you are still at least 6 months from a back up loader if ever.
Well, i am only waiting to be able to play CTGPR-U and Project-4-M and the methods to do this are allready possible, not to many good and worth games for backuploading on wiiU anyways xD

djisgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i am only waiting to be able to play CTGPR-U and Project-4-M and the methods to do this are allready possible, not to many good and worth games for backuploading on wiiU anyways xD

yeah same here. i already own all the wii u games i want and will pick up the last few as they release. i just want native homebrew so we can have better emulators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: