PSA: Limbo free on Steam

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I guess the only thing different is that the company is willingly giving it for free
sure, does steam pay the company at all for this? i guess they get more advertising for the game/company and stuff.
but that doesn't affect all people, some simply want the free game, for better or for worse :)
and to those people, why not pirate? legally different, but morally the same? i'm not sure.

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure, does steam pay the company at all for this? i guess they get more advertising for the game/company and stuff.
but that doesn't affect all people, some simply want the free game, for better or for worse :)
and to those people, why not pirate? legally different, but morally the same? i'm not sure.
Id say both the company told them they could make it free or something and steam paid them. I say, personally, its morally okay to pirate, because its been free on ps4 and stuff already and now on PC, but some people may think piracy is the ultimate sin or something and despise it at all levels

Last edited by CitizenSnips,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They are doing it as advertisement for their new game Inside.
Also the difference would be like that of taking a look at your schoolmate's notes by sneaking around and reading them without him noticing VS him lending you his notes willingly.
One is right, the other one not so much.

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
not to start an argument or anything, just looking for some thoughts!
what difference does it make if you download a paid game for free because it's on offer, versus just pirating it?
the end result is the same i guess.
Sometimes it's just nice to have the game in your collection with your other games and some games have anti Piracy techniques in place as well so there is that

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...already have it on 2 steam accounts, as well as a DRM-free edition. But I've played through it twice, and it's absolutely a great game. So...@those living under a rock: get it "NAOW!". :D

Reactions: Qtis

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Humble Bundle link: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/limbo

Still free on there, plus it's slightly better because you get the GOG version as well.
Technically HB is not the same as GOG, but they do both offer DRM-free versions for most games.

If someone is still missing this on Steam and for some reason has not do it yet, as @Ev1l0rd said, it's still available via humblebundle!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1