Hacking PS4 Update Bypasser PSProxy by Red-EyeX32 to Bypass PSN Updates [fw3.50 and onwards]

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 15,644
  • Replies 27
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted-355425

See: http://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-update-bypasser-psproxy-by-red-eyex32-to-bypass-psn-updates.550/

Following his PlayStation 4 Trophy (PS4 .TRP File) Extractor and PS3 LV1.ELF Embedded Files Extractor, PlayStation 4 developer Red-EyeX32 released a PS4 Update Bypasser application called PSProxy to bypass PSN Firmware Updates for PlayStation 4 owners... with a PS3 version coming next! :D

To quote: Hello NextGenUpdate, As I promised, I have made a Playstation 4 update bypasser. This little utility will allow you to bypass the 3.55 update making your system stay on a lower firmware.

Currently this has only been tested on a US console on a 3.50 firmware. To make this work for EU users all you have to do is edit the ps4-updatelist.xml included inside the .rar file from "us" to "eu". Also don't mind the PSP/PS3 Mode as those haven't been tested yet.

Instructions:
  • Press start on the utility.
  • Add IP and Port to the PS4.
  • Sign-In to PSN
  • Profit?
Please let me know any bugs you encounter, I would gladly fix the problem for you. :redface:

Changes in v2.0.0.0 update:
  • Added "Copy" to Log List by right clicking the list.
  • You can now export the log by right clicking.
  • Few bug fixes. (Adding PS3 support next update)

smid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this still work? I tried entering PS Store with proxy enabled but it just shows an error message. Connection is working though

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
well this worked for 4.00 , but is it safe , sony wont ban my account or anything ?
scratch that , cant download anything from my library..

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ok, I have some news.
PSProxy SEEMS to work now for 4.01 users since 4.05 came out. I am on 3.55 and it doesn't work though.

Edit: I can confirm it works on 4.01
Did you do anything special to get it working on 4.01? I'm having no luck here.

EDIT - Scratch that, I've been able to gdt it working by using an xml designed for Japanese consoles. However, I cannot download anything from PSN.

Last edited by sj33,

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you do anything special to get it working on 4.01? I'm having no luck here.

EDIT - Scratch that, I've been able to gdt it working by using an xml designed for Japanese consoles. However, I cannot download anything from PSN.
Use SKFU Pr0xy to download things. PSProxy let you access the PSN, then you can resume the download when you are connected to the SKFU Pr0xy.

Reactions: sj33

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Use SKFU Pr0xy to download things. PSProxy let you access the PSN, then you can resume the download when you are connected to the SKFU Pr0xy.
Brilliant, that seems to be working fine.

I actually wiped my PS4 HDD when it downloaded 4.05 and I wanted to make extra sure the update was killed, and was worried I'd lost all my digital games.

Reactions: medoli900

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question, I tried to use PSProxy for the first time today, to mixed results.
Is it first of all possible to sync your trophies using it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...