PS4 power supply ressistor [Need info]

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by keven3477, Dec 24, 2016.

1. keven3477
    OP

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere you can never find.
    About a month ago, my ps4 stopped turning on. After searching online, I found that a probable reason was due to roach infestation on the power supply. I decided to open up the ps4 (warranty would not cover infested console) and open the power supply. After removing 5-10 live and dead roaches (Not that badly infested) and cleaning the supply with a swab, my dad figured using a power checker that the issue was with a resistor and that it needs replacing. However, I have had no luck finding much information on it or were to get it. All I know is that the power supply is model ADP-200ER and the resistor is 5 band brown, blue or black, silver, gold, and red. I would rather not need to buy a new power supply because apparently it is a more expensive model and cost about 70$.

2. loler55

loler55 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2012
    Gambia, The
    resistor is 5 band brown, blue or black, silver, gold, and red
    https://www.eeweb.com/toolbox/5-band-resistor-calculator
    Outputs by brown blue silver gold and red
    Resistance:

1.68M ohms

Tolerance:

Outputs by brown black silver gold and red
    Resistance:

1.08M ohms

Tolerance:

± 2%

cannot find any of these resistor i think you have better chances when you buy 2 1M ohm resistors and one 68K ohm and a 8k ohm resistors

first find out ist Blue????? or Black====?????

3. loler55

loler55 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2012
    Gambia, The
    keven3477 My playstation4 works again, its a post Christmas miracle.
    Dec 28, 2016
    lol!!!!
    I would have known that before

Last edited by loler55, Jan 4, 2017