Votes: 14 13.5%

• Total voters

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both consoles are pretty solid. Although the PS4 has the edge in terms of raw horsepower, unless you're bothered by minor differences in resolution/framerate, it's not a big deal. Either of them is going to be a good choice, so it's really a matter of whether you like Sony's or Microsoft's exclusives more and which ecosystem is more appealing to you.

Not having to rebuild my friends list was why I went with the xbone first. Maybe I will eventually get a ps4. I want to play the new infamous games.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
"Buy a PC"

Have any of you entertained the fact that some of us just don't like gaming on a PC? For me, it just isn't as fun. I can't seem to complete almost any of the games I've bought on Steam, which are not few in number. Maybe it's because I so heavily associate my computers with work or other forms of video entertainment, but something about PC gaming doesn't click for me. Owning a PS4, I feel right at home gaming, and I prefer buying all my games on that for the simple fact that I know if I buy a game for it, the PS4 will run it without any fuss. There's something appealing about a device made for gaming that isn't good at much else. I guess that's why the 3DS still sells so well in the face of endlessly more capable smart devices.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It depends on the exclusives you like.
I chose for myself PS4 (as you can see in my sig) ;)
And, also that's my vote.

EDIT: I also have X1 controller which I use on my PC, and have to admit that it's one of the best controllers evah !!

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worry not, I am here.

Quite personally, I'd still pick Xbox over PS4, just given my history, friends, and gaming choices, as well as online infrastructure. Like paid subscription or not, Xbox Live has been way more reliable in the past then Playstation Network, in terms of security and function. At least in my personal experience.

That being said, I do like having both. Bloodborne has eaten up every second of free time I have, and the only reason I really own the PS4 is to channel all my weab games into it, and to play Godzilla >_>

You mostly buy a console for exclusives and simplicity anyway though, and that's why I own both, and tend to favor the Xbox One more. Halo, Sunset overdrive, Dead rising 3, titanfall, the upcoming scalebound, phantom dust, gears of war.

All that stuff is my jam.

And I also agree with Nathan's earlier statement. We get it, PC's can do a lot.
On a console, it's simplistic, easier to access, easier to maintain, has exclusivity,
and that's all I need for it to do. I have a gaming PC as well that I default to just doing work on 9/10 times, because why bother playing on it when I can play everything on a bigger TV display, not have to sit at a desk and just lay in bed, and play where I have more friends?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Oh Chavo, the newest trailer of Godzilla for PS3/PS4 looked rather disappointing so it's a bummer but then again not a whole lot of people are probably going to buy it anyway.

The best 3D monster games are on PS2/Xbox.

I'm not sure I'd call Tech Romancer necessarily good but very average, I should point out it's about robots fighting in 2D perspective.

cynique

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If I pooped money, I would go with XBone .....just to be a Killer Instinct playing machine...

Since I'm not too interested in other exclusive games for any of those systems, I wouldn't get any of them in other situations.

(Bloodborne is interesting ...but those loading times are too retarded for me to bother ....I prefer waiting for a PC port really....)

a pc port for bloodborne not gonna happen ever

are you trying to increase your posts ? too lame

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Buy a PC"

Have any of you entertained the fact that some of us just don't like gaming on a PC? For me, it just isn't as fun. I can't seem to complete almost any of the games I've bought on Steam, which are not few in number. Maybe it's because I so heavily associate my computers with work or other forms of video entertainment, but something about PC gaming doesn't click for me. Owning a PS4, I feel right at home gaming, and I prefer buying all my games on that for the simple fact that I know if I buy a game for it, the PS4 will run it without any fuss. There's something appealing about a device made for gaming that isn't good at much else. I guess that's why the 3DS still sells so well in the face of endlessly more capable smart devices.

I'm with you man, although I do understand why some people prefer gaming on PCs because high-end PCs, while expensive are infinitely more powerful than consoles and much, MUCH more open. However, fucking with the settings, driver issues controller option or lack thereof etc make it less appealing to me as you said. I mostly use my PC for emulation because it's slow as shit and can't run any modern games well, but even when I upgrade it, it'll still be an emulation machine.

I prefer consoles, but they're becoming more and more PC-like every day with incomplete games that require constant patching, DLC scams/pay2win microtrans bullshit and games generally being unplayable without an internet connection. Part of it is me getting old but I prefer consoles that don't require me to update the OS or the games themselves in order to play them. Online play can be great but I think today's consoles kinda miss the point of what consoles were originally supposed to be. Plug the thing in, put a game in it, turn it on and that's it; today's consoles, while still much simpler than PCs, are way too convoluted and bloated.

I voted PS4, but I believe the Wii U has a better library of games than either the PS4 or X1 at the moment. I'm mostly into quirky Japanese games so the Wii U is more my style, although I really wish Nintendo would make the fucking Gamepad optional. I'm waiting until Xenoblade X to buy one because holy shit that game looks great. I'm gonna wait a few years and see what games come out on the PS4 before buying one, and I have zero interest in the X1. Multiplats are superior on the PS4, and none of the X1's current exclusives interest me.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Halo.
That and everyone knows me as the resident xbox expert.

I got a PS3 and 360 but eh, I just prefer Xbox.
Controller is better, online structure is better, console looks nicer (trapezoid srsly....)
That and I started hacking on the old Xbox.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You: Hey people! What do you like more - apples or bananas?

People: Pears!

Funny to watch it's everywhere the same. :lol:

If I had to choose then it would be the PS4 because you can play online without having to pay. I'm not sure if this is right though.

Reactions: Sakitoshi

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no intention to buy either any time soon, but if I do decide to commit then the PS4 has a slight edge at the moment, thanks in no small part to the prospect of a new Dissidia on the horizon. My personal policy is to not invest in a console until it has six games unique to that system that I have a great interest in that I have reasonable faith in not turning out to be utter bollocks on toast. Right now the PS is close to that number but with KH3 and FF Type Zero HD also on the 'bone the PS4 technically lost two exclusives from my list so it needs to catch up before I'm totally convinced.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Buy a PC"

This isn't relevant to the topic, but have you ever tried setting up one as a HTPC? I have one set up with Kodibuntu, hooked up to my HDTV, and controlled with my 360 gamepad. It's great for a console like experience with PC games. I'm not saying what you prefer is wrong, just that PC gaming doesn't have to be limited to a desktop environment.

As for the topic. It's a survey, I doubt PC or Wii U is relevant to the OP's survey.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I chose thr XBOX One over the PS4 because of it's price range here even if I still cannot afford it. Another reason is because of it's beautiful controller.

I played with both controllers and the PS4 seems the best for me.
I've never seem such a good controller, if I could define ergonomic, I would with this controller as an example.
I'm not saying X1 controller is bad, it's actually really good, it has everything that X360 controller had that were good,
plus the D-Pad which is way better than the X360 one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1