Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol what? Since when I'm attacking someone? I accused Sony of FORCING players to rebuy digital copies of physically owned games in order to play them on the console.
Nintendo doesn't have any way to turn your NES/SNES/N64 carts into Virtual Console games.

So they did it first.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nintendo doesn't have any way to turn your NES/SNES/N64 carts into Virtual Console games.

So they did it first.
As of today, the currently sold Wii's and Wii Mini's don't even have Gamecube BC.

Remember when the PS3 had its Backwards Compatibility removed? The whole internet went nuts. When the Wii dropped Gamecube Backwards Compatibility very little people even cared and the decision was deemed entirely acceptable. Fairness prevailed once more.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

So they did it first.
Exactly, BUT Sony has the ability to let PS2 games run on the PS3 for example, why rebuy them?

They could also put a transfer feature (like Wii - Wii U) which can transfer your games from the PSP to the Vita, so you wouldn't have to rebuy them, in order words, it would transfer the UMD game you had on your PSP's UMD to your Vita game folder, along with the save file.

Why don't they do that for example?

Nintendo did it with the Nintendo DSi and the Wii, and Microsoft kept their XBOX compatibility on the Xbox 360.

As of today, the currently sold Wii's and Wii Mini's don't even have Gamecube BC.

Remember when the PS3 had its Backwards Compatibility removed? The whole internet went nuts. When the Wii dropped Gamecube Backwards Compatibility very little people even cared and the decision was deemed entirely acceptable. Fairness prevailed once more.
Because Nintendo kept their GC compatibility for a long time, can't say the same about Sony :)
lol @ not understanding what an example is and refusing to admit that you are wrong despite clear evidence that you are. Also, not bashing - stating facts.

If you haven't noticed yet, I'm merely talking with you using your (fanboy-ish) terms. Elevate the conversation to a normal level and we'll talk normally.

''The Wii has more Mario Central, it has like 15-16 Mario games for the Wii''

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because Nintendo kept their GC compatibility for a long time, can't say the same about Sony :)
The Nintendo Wii requires zero extra hardware to achieve backwards compatibility - the CPU is natively compatible as it is, all that changes is the stepping. The PS3 required additional chips to achieve it - practically putting a PS2 inside the PS3 - it caused additional costs, didn't work very well and was eventually dropped. If anything, Nintendo dropped backwards compatibility only not to have to put Gamecube ports on their systems. That's literally the only expense required. At the end of the day, both consoles were stripped of Backwards Compatibility, so you don't have a point.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Lol what? Since when I'm attacking someone? I accused Sony of FORCING players to rebuy digital copies of physically owned games in order to play them on the console.
Sony isn't forcing anyone to re-buy anything. If you want to buy games you already own again to play on their new console then that's something you've decided to do yourself, it's not something they forced you to do.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The Nintendo Wii requires zero extra hardware to achieve backwards compatibility - the CPU is natively compatible as it is, all that changes is the stepping. The PS3 required additional chips to achieve PC - practically putting a PS2 inside the PS3 - it caused additional costs, didn't work very well and was eventually dropped. If anything, Nintendo dropped Backwards Compatibility only not to have to put Gamecube ports on their systems. That's literally the only expense required. At the end of the day, both consoles were stripped of Backwards Compatibility, so you don't have a point.
Because Sony's too poor to increase the ''additional'' costs just to please their fans.
They released their first PS3 model which costed 600$ when it came out and people kept buying it, and you say I don't have a point? lol ok.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because Sony's too poor to increase the ''additional'' costs just to please their fans.
Because Sony made a console three times as powerful as the Wii and already sold it at a loss.
They released their first PS3 model which costed 600$ when it came out and people kept buying it, and you say I don't have a point? lol ok.
It was actually worth the $600. Just because something's expensive doesn't mean that it's unjustified, you get what you pay for.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, BUT Sony has the ability to let PS2 games run on the PS3 for example, why rebuy them?
Have you even been reading?

The PS3 DID have PS2 backwards compatibility, and you did not need to rebuy them.

Then when PS2 backwards compatibility was removed... well, you can't play them.

They could also put a transfer feature (like Wii - Wii U) which can transfer your games from the PSP to the Vita, so you wouldn't have to rebuy them, in order words, it would transfer the UMD game you had on your PSP's UMD to your Vita game folder, along with the save file.
I think the Vita versions are ports.

Nintendo did it with the Nintendo DSi and the Wii, and Microsoft kept their XBOX compatibility on the Xbox 360.
The first two are because the newer systems were upgraded versions of the older ones.

That's because the WIi U is an upgraded Wii, which is an upgraded GC.

Now that I'm done repeating shit you've already been told... How the hell do you cross the street without getting hit by cars?

Reactions: Scuba156 and Gahars

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

fdygsNi.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This thread:

• Sony drops BC with the PS3 = DISGRACEFUL!
  • Nintendo drops BC with the Gamecube = HONOURABLE!
  • Sony asks people to re-buy PSOne and/or PS2 games because they cannot offer perfect BC due to technological limitations and have to port/emulate = DISGRACEFUL!
  • Nintendo asks people to re-buy NES, SNES, N64, GB and GBA games plus no longer offers Gamecube BC in any form due to technological limitations and have to port/emulate = HONOURABLE!
  • Liking Sony = DISGRACEFUL!
  • Liking Nintendo = HONOURABLE!
  • Sony releases strong hardware for a high price, selling it at a loss = DISGRACEFUL!
  • Nintendo releases weak hardware for a low price, selling it at a profit = HONOURABLE!

Stay classy and technologically-illiterate, GBATemp.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This thread:

• Sony asks people to re-buy PSOne and/or PS2 games because they cannot offer perfect BC due to technological limitations and have to port/emulate = DISGRACEFUL!
  • Nintendo asks people to re-buy NES, SNES, N64, GB and GBA games plus no longer offers Gamecube BC in any form due to technological limitations and have to port/emulate = HONOURABLE!
  • Sony releases strong hardware for a high price, selling it at a loss = DISGRACEFUL!
  • Nintendo releases weak hardware for a low price, selling it at a profit = HONOURABLE!
I tried putting an NES cartridge on my Wii, it didn't work.

Again, lol @ the effort you made.

The PS3 DID have PS2 backwards compatibility, and you did not need to rebuy them.

The first two are because the newer systems were upgraded versions of the older ones.

Now that I'm done repeating shit you've already been told... How the hell do you cross the street without getting hit by cars?
So Sony removed PS2 compatibility to reduce costs which, many fan boys bought without complaining uh?
''How the hell do you cross the street without getting hit by cars?''
PMR005.jpg

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country

What do you actually want? A console with an increased cost point, increased risk of failure, total back compatibility or else reimbursement of costs, reduced security allowing you to transfer old games you already own into digital formats, but at the same time putting off developers from creating new content?

More or less it sounds like you'd complain whatever Sony did...if they had a console with BC you'd complain it cost too much or wasn't compatible enough, if they had a transfer scheme but then the system was hacked immediately and developers abandoned ship you'd complain about new games not appearing?

By and large you're not understanding competitive market forces and a company which is trying to recover from it's financial meltdown and internal restructuring. If/when you ever try to set up your own company i'm willing to bet you'll re-evaluate your ideas about "what's fair".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
''The Wii has more Mario Central, it has like 15-16 Mario games for the Wii''
  1. Super Paper Mario
  2. Mario Strikers Charged
  3. Mario Party 8
  4. Super Mario Galaxy
  5. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
  6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  7. Dr. Mario Online Rx (Dr. Mario and the Germ Buster)
  8. Mario Kart
  9. Mario Super Sluggers
  10. New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis
  11. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
  12. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  13. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  14. Mario Sports Mix
  15. Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition
  16. Mario and Sonic at the London Olypic Games
  17. Mario Party 9
And more. When trying to troll me using my own words, try harder.

Reactions: Scuba156
D

Deleted_171835

On the whole backwards compatibility skerfuffle, while it would be nice if I could play PS3 games on the PS4 (rather than having to buy both systems so I can play PS3 and PS4 exclusives), the lack of it isn't exactly a dealbreaker for me.

It was actually worth the $600. Just because something's expensive doesn't mean that it's unjustified, you get what you pay for.
tumblr_mdydkeKmCg1rpae6q.gif

Yeah...there's a lot of people who beg to differ on that.

Reactions: Yepi69

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

1. Super Paper Mario
  2. Mario Strikers Charged
  3. Mario Party 8
  4. Super Mario Galaxy
  5. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
  6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  7. Dr. Mario Online Rx (Dr. Mario and the Germ Buster)
  8. Mario Kart
  9. Mario Super Sluggers
  10. New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis
  11. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
  12. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  13. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  14. Mario Sports Mix
  15. Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition
  16. Mario and Sonic at the London Olypic Games
  17. Mario Party 9
And more. When trying to troll me using my own words, try harder.

And then again, ''Trolling'' you by quoting your own words, lmao.
Sure boy, sure.

1. Super Paper Mario - Sequel
  2. Mario Strikers Charged - Sequel
  3. Mario Party 8 - Sequel
  4. Super Mario Galaxy - New experience
  5. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games - Not only Mario game.
  6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Definately not only Mario game.
  7. Dr. Mario Online Rx (Dr. Mario and the Germ Buster) - Classic WiiWare game (Are you even kidding me?)
  8. Mario Kart - Sequel
  9. Mario Super Sluggers - New game
  10. New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis - Sequel
  11. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Sequel
  12. New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Sequel
  13. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sequel
  14. Mario Sports Mix - New game
  15. Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition - Re-release
  16. Mario and Sonic at the London Olypic Games - Sequel
  17. Mario Party 9 - Sequel
Are you even trying?
Not to mention the Wii has more 1st party games than the PS3

And most of the PS3 games use the same engine say:

Uncharted 1,2,3
Infamous 1,2

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's easy to forget now that prices have plummeted, but around/after it's launch the PS3 was a super way to bag yourself an entry level Blu Ray player. People even bought them for that as a primary use rather than gaming, so whilst it was expensive it was also desirable.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Have you guys ever ask yourselves, "Why do I even bother?"
I do lol, someone is just being a little stub born thats all.
This will end soon.

Not sure what point you're trying to make.

How is that a bad thing when the engine is factually good?
Point of the Wii having more sequels and 1st party games than the PS3.

And no it isn't a bad thing, but almost every game with that engine for the Wii looks the same, kill kill kill kill and kill.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
This thread:

If I could like this entire post a trillion times I would.

Reactions: Qtis and Scuba156

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning