Gaming PS4 Gamesharing center

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Since I still haven't seen this sort of thread about the PS4 threads I figured I'd create one since there's probably more people like me around here who want some more gaming goodies for their PS4 system.

Strider
FEZ
The Deadly Tower of Monsters
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture
Letter Quest Remastered
Color Guardians
Stories: The Path of Destinies
Hyper Void
Invisible, Inc. Console Edition
Azkend 2
This War of Mine: The Little Ones
Titan Souls
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
The Swindle
LittleBigPlanet 3
Not a Hero
Starwhal
Discjam
Tearaway Unfolded
Curses 'N Chaos
10 Second Ninja X
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Drawn to Death
Resident Evil 6
Alienation
Laser Disco Defenders
Tales from the Borderlands
Type:Rider
A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
Life is Strange
Killing Floor 2
Spy Chameleon
Neon Chrome
Until Dawn
Game of Thrones
It's You!
Don't Die, Mr.Robot
Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry
Downwell
Just Cause 3
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
Child Light
Infamous Second Son
Hatoful Boyfriend
We are Doomed

Or in case you're here but you don't have a PS4, I have some PS3 titles as well:

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Gunstar Heroes
Minecraft Playstation 3 Edition
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Urban Freestyle
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Sonic Unleashed
Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Proteus
FEZ
Pumped BMX+
Letter Quest Remastered
Dirt 3
Costume Quest 2
Color Guardians
Hyper Void
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves + all DLC
Resident Evil 4
Azkend 2: The World Beneath
The Swindle
Titan Souls
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Blazerush
Anna Extended Edition
Starwhal
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late
Earth Defense Force 2025
Lumo
Curses 'N Chaos
10 Second Ninja X
Type:Rider
Laser Disco Defenders
Abyss Odyssey
WRC 5 FIA World Rally Championship
Spy Chameleon
Neon Chrome
Don't Die, Mr.Robot
Tokyo Jungle
Snakeball
Level 22
Downwell
Super Motherload
Child Light
Handball 16
Hatoful Boyfriend
Truck Racer
We are Doomed

Looking for Capcom games, mostly Resident Evil or Devil May Cry.

And no, gamesharing is NOT against the rules, I have never met anyone who's ever been banned for this sort of thing and I've been doing it myself for almost 4 years, no rice no dice.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
PS3 allowed one game to be shared up to 5 persons, but they lowered it to 3 if I remember correctly.

On PS4 this is different, you are not sharing the game itself, but ALL your account.

Using multiple console is legal, and even explained on Sony's website.
Every time you buy a game from PSN, there is a legal notice explaining this:
- if your console is not set as primary in your account, you need to be logged to your PSN account to launch the game. (to verify how many people are playing and sharing the same game at the same time)
- if a console has a primary account as secondary profile, all profiles can play your games without being logged into your profile/account.

The principle is that you can own different consoles and register your account on any of them. your PS4, your PS4 Pro, your husband's/wife's console (you could have one for each!), your family, one in your dad's home one in your mother's home, etc.
You can register your account on as many console as you want, but only one at a time can log into your PSN account.

Here comes the "Primary" console feature:
The console registered as Primary PS4 can do this :
1. It can be waked up remotely (for remote play on Vita) even if you are not at home.
2. All profiles on that console can play the game located on other profiles without logging to it. <-- This is what is used for sharing.
3. All profiles on that console can benefit from the PS+ subscription of the other profiles, even if not logged into the account who is paying !
4. all users have their own savegames and trophies, not interfering with the benefactor profile.

And this "multiple profile's privilege" can be used on the Primary PS4 even if you are logged and playing on another console at the same time.

Note that only one console at a time can obtain the Primary status, and it can only be done by accessing that console.

Is it permanent?
No.
You don't have the game forever. You will not be able to launch the shared games when/if your console is not set as Primary anymore.
If the user who shared his account want to share it with someone else, you will have to disable that feature or he won't be able to share with another person : Only one console at a time can be "Primary".

Any risk ?
1) Console/account ban!
NO MULTI-SHARE!
NO MORE THAN 2 CONSOLES!
• Do not share with more than one person at a time. Two consoles can share the same account and be logged to internet at a given time.

• If Sony sees one Primary and more than one non primary console with the same PSN account logged at the same time they will probably ban that PSN account.

• After deleting the Primary state, you should also not log to the added account, or you'll risk the sharer account being banned if logged at the same time on another console. non primary console can only log once at a time.

2) User's trust
You need, of course, to trust the other person as you'll provide your own PSN login and password. he can do anything to your account.
• That person could take your account by changing your password and do an account takeover. You'll lose your account and all access to your games on your console too !

• As fair-play, you should also not use the sharer's account, even if the console is still set as primary, or you'll unlock trophies on his account (unless the sharer wants help to get them).

• And finally, if you have a payment method stored on PSN, the person you share your account with will be able to buy any games from YOUR credit card.
A solution here is to use Paypal, and modify your paypal password when sharing your account to prevent anyone doing transactions. You'll have to set it back if you want to buy a legit game from your account and remove it again if you are still sharing and not trusting the person... But I guess if you don't trust enough then you shouldn't share at all.

Ok, I want to share. What should I do?
You can only have ONE console registered as Primary per PSN account. you can't set another console as primary if it's still set elsewhere, so you need to first deactivate it.

1. Log to your profile, and go to your PSN preferences.
2. Deactivate your console as primary for your PSN account.
3. shutdown your console (or log out of your profile), to prevent having two "non primary consoles" connected at the same time.

4. On your friend's PS4, create a new profile and link it to your PSN (you need to use/provide your PSN login and password).
5. On your friend's PS4 new profile (yours), go to your PSN preferences and set HIS console as YOUR Primary PS4.

Recommended steps, for a better sharing experience (going both ways) :
6. Your friend should also deactivate HIS console as primary in HIS profile, and shutdown/disconnect his console.
7. On your console, create a new profile and log to his PSN account. Set YOUR console has HIS primary PS4.

This way, you will both be able to play BOTH of your libraries.
You library by connecting to your profile on the non primary console.
His library by having his profile set as primary on your console.

I want to stop sharing or want to share with someone else
You can only share with one person at a time.
You need to both disable the "primary system" option in respective profile's PSN settings.

You need to do this on the console set as "primary system"! You can't deactivate a console by using another system. You can't set another system as primary as long as a console is still set as primary.
The person you shared your games with needs to disable the primary status, or you'll be stuck with a secondary system and will not be able to set another console as primary, not even yours.
There is ONE exception to this: you can FORCE a primary system deactivation from your PSN account if you log on the website on your browser (not from the console's settings) and force the current console to lose the Primary status (your PSN account will clear the console's ID). This can be done only ONCE every six months! if you already did it and the new person you share your account with is not willing to give it back, you'll have to wait at least 6 months to force another drop.

I never did it, and don't think I trust someone enough on internet to do it. If I do it, it will be with people I know.
I have more than 100 games in my PSN library.
I don't have time to play them all, but There are some games I don't have that I would like to try (before buying or just because I'm curious but not enough to buy. It's like if I'd play some games when going to a friend's house)
Maybe I'll make a list one day.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Yepi69

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, but are people willing to actually put that kind of trust into the internet? I mean there would be a very strong level of trust not to mess up their account, and as anyone ever says never share details like that with anyone. O_O

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
Update 5.00 now requires you to confirm your psn billing details and your credit card info on any new console you wish to add :( just had to do that on my sons ps4 pro so the level of trust for game sharing just went up afew levels!!!

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Update 5.00 now requires you to confirm your psn billing details and your credit card info on any new console you wish to add :( just had to do that on my sons ps4 pro so the level of trust for game sharing just went up afew levels!!!
I just added my US PSN account and it didn't asked me to input anything.
I was also testing the 5.00 beta update and it didn't asked me to input anything either, I guess this only applies if you're adding a sub account or a family member.
Okay, but are people willing to actually put that kind of trust into the internet? I mean there would be a very strong level of trust not to mess up their account, and as anyone ever says never share details like that with anyone. O_O

Obviously it needs to be with 'tempers you know and trust, people with good reputation.
I have done this before and so far, I've been playing a lot of games and no risk what-so-ever.

Last edited by Yepi69,

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
i was in the beta also but as soon as i updated to the stock 5.00 update on both mine and my sons ps4 it asked to confirm details on my 2nd console before i could download anything off my account so i assume it was a extra measure to stop people giving over account details and then complaining about passwords being changed or cards being charged ect....

id only ever gameshare with family members anyways as i got burnt in the ps3 days (but lucky for me got the account sorted and the other ps3 removed from my activated list of consoles)

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyone has any Destiny expansions? Getting really tired of feeling like I'm missing out for just playing my regular Destiny copy.

Kitty_Paine

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I'm looking to borrow someone's account for a few days, a week maximum to game share Goodbye Deponia.

It was delisted last year and I bought the other 3 games in the series just this year in a sale and fell in love. It feels wrong to not finish the series. The only physical copy I could find for sale is $50+ CDN.

I'm also a trophy hunter so I'd like to complete the series on my profile but I'm not familiar with buying games from other PSN regions. My user is my PSN.

Last edited by Kitty_Paine,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1