PS4 Games Now Available on PS Now

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Tom Bombadildo, Jul 6, 2017.

1. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I wonder if they'll ever bring this to Europe.

2. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    RIP bullshit exclusive argument.

3. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    In the US it is 99 euro a year but not in Europe. We don't have that option, here in Belgium we can only pay 17 euro a month wich is just 2 high of a price.

4. nolimits59

nolimits59 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 25, 2008
    France
    Yeah but the guy i quoted said 99€ is not a interisting deal... because not a Netflix price tag...

Remember that you pay 10/15 € for a netflix offer, to have movies that you would have paid 10€ for 1 movie, paying 15-17€ a month seems quite right compared to netflix if the PS4 games keep on coming.

5. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Hm. I was thinking of GBP which is slightly lower but converting to EUR does end up around 99.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That's if and a big if, if the games are worth paying for on their streaming service. As of right now it isn't, imo.

6. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Well i don't use netflix since i think it's 2 expensive. Netflix offers less then half the movies and shows you got in the US for more money each month in Europe so.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  7. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Y'know? There are people that think these streaming services are the end all solution to a problem that doesn't quite exist. Whether it's Netflix, Hulu, or PS NOW.

I don't understand it, especially in gaming. $100/yr, which doesn't even include Plus... You have to have a decent connection, and even then there's too many inconsistencies for this to be worth anything to anyone outside of casual gaming. It offers a broader hardware base, sure.. But still.. What's the actual appeal?

DarthDub, elBenyo and Saiyan Lusitano like this.
  8. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    You get to play PlayStation-ish games on any possible device with a decent internet speed. Think that's the appeal here.

9. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    you forgot KODI :P

Memoir likes this.
  10. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Kodi's shit. If you're gonna pirate then just download the shows/movies instead.

jDSX and Memoir like this.
  11. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    You won't need Plus to play PS Now games online including PS4 games, it's "included" in the service.

As to the "actual appeal", I can think of many places where a service like this would be "worth it" in the end. $100 a year nets you the 500+ games, plus everything new added, without having to spend at least $200 for just a basic console, $40 a year for Plus (if you only buy it at a sale price), and then various amounts of money on any games that may interest you which alone would easily trump the $100 a year price tag in just a single month. The recommended internet requirement per month would, on average, cost maybe $20 a month depending on the location you're in but that shouldn't even factor in cuz, in all likely hood, you're already going to be paying that anyways regardless if PS Now existed or not.

Sure, it's not the "end all be all" solution for every person ever, but there's certainly an appeal to people who may not be able to comfortably afford buying a console and games when it hits their fancy.

Memoir likes this.
  12. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    At the end of the day, it's a digital rental service that requires a decent internet connection. I would also love to know where I can get a connection good enough to stream video games with minimal issues for ~$20 a month. Plus being 'included' is good, I guess. Still, for the value? Gamefly wins out.. Soooooo, yeah.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I respect that. There's still too many inconsistencies, in my honest opinion, for this to be considered in my budget.

Reminds me of OnLive.

Not going to lie, I may try the trial pricing just to see for myself. Hehe.

Last edited by Memoir, Jul 7, 2017
    elBenyo and Saiyan Lusitano like this.
  13. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    At that point, I would recommend using it on a PC or a PS4 plugged into a PC monitor via HDMI if you can. Most people are used to 30ms on televisions. Adding 30 more milliseconds would be awful, where using a PC monitor with near zero latency. I remember trying it and it was awful on the TV I had before. Never tried PSNow on PC though so it might be different.

EDIT: Just played Red Dead Redemption and Killzone (PS4). Input lag is actually VERY good, you could get away with playing PSNow through a PS4. I remember using the beta and the performance was absolute shit even on a wired PS4 connection with 40Mbps download and 7Mbps up.

Last edited by Selim873, Jul 7, 2017
    Memoir likes this.
  14. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    I just wanna try it out.
    I tried out OnLive a few years ago, with a 2mbps connection.
    Things looked and played well enough for me, I could get some pretty fun games running there and I ended up spending money.

15. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    that's what i do. download and play them on kodi off my HDD on my 65" TV B-)

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Jul 7, 2017
    elBenyo likes this.
  16. Cha0tic

Cha0tic GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    450-500 games for $10 a month, worth the price if you play at least 2 games from that list. I know I have my list on psnow limit full of 50 games so $10-20 a month is worth the price

17. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Lol, nowhere. $50-$60 a month will get you speeds more than good enough for streaming games, though. Had no issues with Nvidia's server streaming back when it was a free trial. 20-30ms input delay.

Memoir likes this.
  18. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    $70/mo gets me inconsistent cable speeds.. So, yay.

19. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    The minimum for PS Now is 5mbps. If you can't get a 5mbps for $20 a month, you must live in the middle of nowhere.

20. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    its already available in the uk, netherlands and belgium with germany, france and luxembourg following later this year. you can register for a beta in those countries right now