Hardware ps4 eu, system update question

RaMon90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want to buy a ps4, does it require internet connection after i open it for the first time or it will force you to update? At the moment i dont have home phone adsl but mobile internet, thats why im worried. I just want to play some games offline till i get a better internet connection.
Last question, how many megabyte you need to download latest system update, I think i can download maximum under 400 mb.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to play some games without having to update the system, but some newer games might require you to go online to update, it sort of depends on what firmware the PS4 you buy has on it. Most by now should be above 2.0, so most games should run fine.

Some games actually have updates needed on their discs, so if you happen to come across ones that require a higher firmware you should be able to update from there.

You can also download a PS4 update on your PC and put it on a USB drive, but unfortunately the latest version (2.5.7 IIRC) is around 700-800mb. You could probably go off to some internet cafe or library or something and download it there if you wanted, so you don't have to use your mobile data for it.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/ < You can check out this for more information.

Reactions: RaMon90

RaMon90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought the ps4, the system is at version like 2.51 if i remember good. I can right now play games offline, I didnt know about downloading system updates with the pc. Thank you for the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended