• Likes 16

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much does Sony or Microsoft actually use? They build the "Biggest" and "Baddest" but do not get into just how much the systems can do UNTIL the next one is launched, lmfao. Seriously, look at Halo 4 and earlier 360 games (plus recent releases). Those are NOT bad looking/playing games. Sony, and even Microsoft to an extent, can likely take a hit on price. "Costs cheapter than the Wii U" or "Costs as much, but look at the comparison...." Honestly, this will drop Wii U price significantly, UNLESS Sony/Microsoft offer their beasts up at like $500 or more. Even $400 or more in this economy world wide? People are struggling to buy food, in the US taxes are up, "Expendable" cash is down, and the days of $150 Nintendo/Nintendo 64/Gamecube are over. Now we need big monsters and more expensive games...and devs who don't wish to unlock those. So lets anticipate game prices here. $70/game? $70+ a game; rememeber 720 is going to be "New game only" system;-) PLUS, we have devs who want linux on systems with no access to Nand or disc drives or anything that could be used to LEVEL the playing field. Make good games, DECENT prices, people buy them. Or you can TRY THEM USED at a smaller risk.

Interesting as there are a lot of "What if" situations in the future. For all systems. Economy could doom ALL of these systems. DO NOT be surprised, and mark my words; the world is fighting to eat, and while entertainment matters the $500, or even $400 or more is just not going to work (translate into other currencies, not being partial to the US here). How many rich people are there versus poor people NOW? If PS4 numbers are WORSE than Wii U, and even 720 worse (once people realize no used games, IF this holds true and is not merely a rumor), I would bet those companies may want to reconsider their approach.

Mr.Kattykat

Professional Procrastinator
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Bluegh, I must say, the analog sticks and the touchpad placement are horrific. Still, even looking past the aesthetics, I doubt it will be a purchase from me (at least not for a good year or two). 8 GB of RAM is a tad unnecessary, and seems to just be overcompensating for the PS3's piddly 256MB.

Sony seem to be trying their best to shout, 'Look at us, we endorse power above all else!' Just look at the spec sheet, for God's sake. The repetition of 'PC' seems to be there solely to win back the PC crowd.

D

Deleted User

OP
They make noise for that (move/game app), but not everything else? :lol:
lol on the comments on move in the stream.

They have to basically start over with the move because there is no bc.
I thought that move thing was pretty cool. Especially the presentation.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I think the console is just an overall OK. It does have pretty decent improvements, but the gap doesn't feel as big as PS2->3, Wii-> Wii U.

The only thing is the controller. The analogs look neat, but the touch pad position seems horribly awkward and chances are you need to stretch your fingers to reach it. The controller in the camera utility photo looks like a freaking dildo.

Wii-> Wii U?... that's a horrendous example.
All it did was take the wii, add an HDMI cable slot for current gen graphics, and gave you a tablet with the system.
Where's the jump?... Not knocking it, but it's a joke to say the jump was any greater than PS3 > PS4.
At least the PS4 is going to actually be a next-gen console. There's not much of a jump consoles can REALLY do anymore until they make the change over to virtual reality. Sword Art Online yesplz.

Reactions: Qtis

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii-> Wii U?... that's a horrendous example.
All it did was take the wii, add an HDMI cable slot for current gen graphics, and gave you a tablet with the system.
Where's the jump?... Not knocking it, but it's a joke to say the jump was any greater than PS3 > PS4.
At least the PS4 is going to actually be a next-gen console. There's not much of a jump consoles can REALLY do anymore until they make the change over to virtual reality. Sword Art Online yesplz.
Did you seriously just imply the Wii U is as strong as the Wii? And it just added a HDMI port?

Brb, gonna laugh till I die.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, no