PedroKeitawa

OP
Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Ok in a few days im gonna buy a PS4. Thankfully im gonna pay less then expected so my gaming budget is now more "free", but while i was reading regarding PNS + and other stuff PS4 related in stomp upon a problem: the HDMI splitters. My TV only have 1 HDMI port and my PC and Nintendo Switch are connected, and pass under my old AvermediaCapture HD II, on this TV via HDMI splitter. But i read and see pepole that have problem with the splitters, becouse apperently the console dosen't give enough power supply...something that for me is new becouse i wasen't even aware that HDMI cable can recive power suppli i always thinked that they only handle the video and audi signal.

At the moment i use this:

71PveCTlZZL._SY355_.jpg

This handle my PC and Nintendo Switch. But since have only two ports i need to buy another one. My question is what kind of splitter should i use for the PS4? Considere the fact that evrything needs to pass under the Avermedia (img for reference). I don't plan to record to much with the Avermedia but i wanna be use that the PS4 can pass via the splitter and the capture device with out any problem.

Last edited by PedroKeitawa,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PS4 doesn't work with a HDMI powered splitter nor does it work with an optical extractor. Kinda sucks and I was wondering why.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i dont trust hdmi splitters , as it caused the handshake issue on an hdmi of my previous TV.

it wrecked a hdmi port leaving me with only 2 left.
my tip is don't use it.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that looks legit af.

and yeah the one i was using was def. a cheap one.
the one you showed me looks of high quality, i did not know such existed tbh.
Its a bit expensive, but I got it on sale so it wasnt too bad. Im not sure its the sort of slitter you guys want, but bestbuy has a few others.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my ps4 works fine with one. though, it was connected to a 5-way splitter, but it stopped generating a signal. when I removed the cable, the hdmi port fell out. it was cheap Chinese crap. it's now plugged into a 3-way splitter. I've had screen tearing, but I've also had that with the virtual wii. disable hdcp in system settings if you use one. it works, but you may have to buy a replacement every so often.

edit: btw, powered hdmi splitters can run into the hundreds of dollars. I think a 3-way is exactly $100.

Last edited by godreborn,

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
powered hdmi splitters can run into the hundreds of dollars. I think a 3-way is exactly $100.

Hmm.. My 3 way doesn't require power, but has a power in port that's optional if it isnt' working and need some patented Tim Allen MORE POWER UR UR UR UR.

I think it was around $30, but my TV has 4 HDMI ports already, so my PS4 is not on the splitter. right now I just have an old Apple TV and Switch TV dock attached. Also had the Wii U attached for a bit. Mostly works fine Forget if I got it from monoprice or amazon, only really got it because my dad was getting one too, (he only has 2 ports on his TV)...

edit:This looks like the same thing but much cheaper (under $10!) and another brand.

https://www.amazon.com/Control-Switcher-Selector-Supports-Switching/dp/B01N6GBXZ7

Last edited by tbb043,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that's the one I have. mine didn't come with that large receiver head though. it's also unpowered. my tv only has one hdmi port. I opted for it since it was the only tv I could find with both component and vga (still have an old pc). it was only around $200, so I'll probably upgrade it once I get a framemeister since the retron 3 (I find it better than the retron 5; my current retron 5's software is majorly screwed up) - the video signal doesn't work. my tv won't accept a 240p signal. I also can't play psx games due to this. I see that a lot of people are forced to buy the framemester at over $400 if they have a current tv. :-/

the screen tearing only happens in wii mode, and it's random. I thought it was the system, but then my ps4 did the same thing. I'm using the same hdmi selectors that I had with my old tv, so it's either the receivers or the tv itself. I find it highly unlikely that both systems would produce the same video error. I'm not sure why the wii u portion of my wii u system is unaffected.

acphydro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using a Kinovo HDMI splitter for over 2 years and works great. Just not with Xbox One because it’s HDMI port doesn’t power completely down. Using it on my PS4, Switch and directv box without issues. If you need one for 4K HDR get the one by awakelion.

WadsRUs

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FYI - we all should be talking about Switches, not Splitters - there's a difference. Splitters take an output and distribute it to multiple TVs/monitors.

Switchers take multiple inputs to a single TV/monitor.

http://www.trade-works.co.uk/blog/2016/03/hdmi-switches-vs-hdmi-splitters-whats-the-difference/

With that out of the way, I have a 3 way Switch, this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Switch-Splitter-Speed-Pigtail-Supports/dp/B0721JJ6MZ

It works fine with my Nintendo Switch and the HDMI output from my PC to my monitor but it will not work with the PS4 unless the Nintendo Switch is also powered on.

I'll need to invest in one with external power.

Edit: Replacing my unpowered HDMI Switch with one that takes power fixed the issue for me.

Last edited by WadsRUs,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Do you have a 4K tv with HDR? Is your PS4 a Pro?

If no on any of the questions, just buy a 4 ports HDMI switch. They are quite cheap and you have the option for two extra ports. My PS4 and Switch worked fine until I switched to a 4K tv.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok in a few days im gonna buy a PS4. Thankfully im gonna pay less then expected so my gaming budget is now more "free", but while i was reading regarding PNS + and other stuff PS4 related in stomp upon a problem: the HDMI splitters. My TV only have 1 HDMI port and my PC and Nintendo Switch are connected, and pass under my old AvermediaCapture HD II, on this TV via HDMI splitter. But i read and see pepole that have problem with the splitters, becouse apperently the console dosen't give enough power supply...something that for me is new becouse i wasen't even aware that HDMI cable can recive power suppli i always thinked that they only handle the video and audi signal.

At the moment i use this:

71PveCTlZZL._SY355_.jpg

This handle my PC and Nintendo Switch. But since have only two ports i need to buy another one. My question is what kind of splitter should i use for the PS4? Considere the fact that evrything needs to pass under the Avermedia (img for reference). I don't plan to record to much with the Avermedia but i wanna be use that the PS4 can pass via the splitter and the capture device with out any problem.
I got that very same HDMI switch and my PS4 doesn't really like it. Screen blacks out from time to time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone