Hardware PS3 Voltages

youed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i have a PS3 model CECH-3001B, I am currently in egypt at the moment and would like to use it. I looked at the bottom and it said it was 120v. Egypt's power is 240v. Will there be any problem if i plug it in? Thanks for the help!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
According the various sources online, the ps3's power supply is universal 120-240v 50/60Hz. They just don't bother to label it as such on the machine. So you can believe what is online and take your chances or get a 240-120 step-down transformer for it with suitable wattage rating for it (Dunno what the ps3 uses).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In my experiences with games consoles, generally the best practice is to purchase a replacement power supply locally (I have done this for numerous handhelds I bought in the US and then brought back to the UK). The power supply should transform the voltage to the correct one and all should be safe. Power supplies are usually not overly expensive, you can get them from most gaming shops or online (online is probably cheaper, but perhaps less convenient).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal