Hacking PS3 system restore on CFW?

elgarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hola everyone,

So I am getting a friend to downgrade my PS3 Slim to 3.55 in the coming days and am planning to go onto the Rogero 4.30 v2 CFW, and I have been wondering about a few things since I haven't really messed with my PS3 too much other than a few visits to the PSN store and the occasional imported game.

My main question is in regards to performing a system backup/restore, and what exactly it backs up. I bought this PS3 second hand about 8 months ago and it had a few PSN games already on it which were bought by the previous owner (I am not overly worried about these), but I have since also purchased a few more items from the PSN store (RE Chronicles, Megaman 9, DLC etc) and am wanting to have access to these when I am on 4.30 CFW. Does a system restore actually 'copy' downloaded PSN games so I can just re-install/play them after a restore? Does a system restore even work when you go from OFW to CFW?

We have a very low download limit with my ISP so it'd suck to have to download a few of these again. AFAIK Rogero 4.30 V2 still has access to psn so I might be able to get them again before Sony acts on it, but I am just looking at what options I have available. Finding a small USB to copy over game saves will be a bit easier than finding a spare USB HDD to backup my system if it doesn't actually help. I don't plan to play anything online after I get my PSN purchases sorted out, so I am not worried about long term PSN access here.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: