• Start date
  • Views 4,312
  • Replies 27

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also see a swap hack in the near future.

I still find it comical that this day and age that they don't include an HDMI cord, and instead pack in an RCA cable.

Probably get people moaning if they did, because they want to hook up to an sdtv or something without an hdmi port. Sega tried to bundle a higher quality cable with the Saturn. Came with a scart cable instead of RF. People whined, later bundles had either a scart or rf lead. Scart had been around for ages at the time and was on practically every European tv, yet still people cried for the crappy cable.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Not that impressed with this, it does look cheap and nasty as far as i'm concerned.

I don't like the top loading for a couple of reasons, the cheap and nasty looking plastic cover (dunno how long that will last before getting cracked or damaged)

and the lens are not protected from dust and mucky fingers.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

I still find it comical that this day and age that they don't include an HDMI cord, and instead pack in an RCA cable.

Probably get people moaning if they did, because they want to hook up to an sdtv or something without an hdmi port. Sega tried to bundle a higher quality cable with the Saturn. Came with a scart cable instead of RF. People whined, later bundles had either a scart or rf lead. Scart had been around for ages at the time and was on practically every European tv, yet still people cried for the crappy cable.

Really wouldn't cost them much to pack in both. I can get an HDMI cable for $2 on Amazon. I'm sure Sony could get (or make) them for less.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pretty sure a decent amount of people still use SDTVs. So they've decided to include that cable so both people with HDTVs and SDTVs would be able to use the system rather than just throwing in a HDMI cable and leaving SDTV users to go out and buy another cable.

EDIT: Right, they could. Not to get off track here but is Nintendo including both an AV cable and HDMI cable with the WiiU or just the HDMI cable?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

Pretty sure a decent amount of people still use SDTVs. So they've decided to include that cable so both people with HDTVs and SDTVs would be able to use the system rather than just throwing in a HDMI cable and leaving SDTV users to go out and buy another cable.

EDIT: Right, they could. Not to get off track here but is Nintendo including both an AV cable and HDMI cable with the WiiU or just the HDMI cable?

I'm mostly sure that it's just an HDMI cord.

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm mostly sure that it's just an HDMI cord.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/

I'm only seeing HDMI listed. Reminds me of when the Wii game out, without Ethernet built in.

I plan on using HDMI, but does anyone know if the AV cord is the same as the Wii?

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
umm so i guess ps4 ain't comin for 2 years??? next gen is around the corner. unreal engine 4 is alredy bein used and one of the games will b comin out soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)