Hardware PS3 Super Slim Unboxing

• Thread starter SixSenseEagle
  • Start date
  • Views 4,309
  • Replies 27
S

SixSenseEagle

http://www.newsforshoppers.com/new-super-slim-ps3-revealed-release-date-price-specs/3679777/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...I think I like the top loader, actually. Less parts equal less wear-and-tear, so it's more reliable that way. They toned down the beast size-wise, which is also a big plus. Pretty cool so-far, shame that it "feels cheap" - the quality of plastic concerns me.

Reactions: 1 person

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't see anything about swapping the hard drive. If I CAN swap the hard drive, then I'm all over the 250GB one. I have a 500GB hard drive I'm using on my Wii, and I simply don't need 500GBs of space for my Wii stuff, while a PS3 I would.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd rather wait to check how the cooling works in this one. Jumping the bandwagon isn't my sort of thing, really...

Plus, this means that somewhere down the line, I'll have to buy *3* PS3's for a complete collection... Damn, that's not going to be cheap. :P

EDIT: This site happens to offer some really nice, detailed photos of the new unit.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Is this the one with the 12GB of flash memory?

The top-loader is definitely a plus. Last year my cousin loaded a Blu-Ray movie into my PS3 slim while there was already a game disc in it. Basically, two discs were wedged into the slot, and I went ape-shit. With a top-loading setup, you'd have to be a complete moron to not know a disc was already in there.

And the 500GB is great, especially for PS+ subscribers. Hell, if I can fit a larger hard drive into that form factor, I'll probably just get the cheaper model and swap out the 250GB for a 2TB drive.

But I'm in no rush to get this, just yet. I'll wait for the early adopters to give their verdict on it.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like the top loading feature but can't see this needed like the PSP E1000.
The E1000 was as needed as a punch in the nose - nobody wanted it then and nobody wants it now. I still shudder at the lack of Wi-Fi, horrible built quality and even worse sound. It's the poor man's PSP.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the top loading feature but can't see this needed like the PSP E1000.
The E1000 was as needed as a punch in the nose - nobody wanted it then and nobody wants it now. I still shudder at the lack of Wi-Fi, horrible built quality and even worse sound. It's the poor man's PSP.

I don't know... I never played the PSP I owned for wi-fi games, and it wouldn't be hard to hook up my PSP to my PS3 at the time... Still, it's a non issue. What IS an issue is if I'm buying this or a regular ol slim PS3. The make or break bit for me is swapable hard drives. If yes, then yes, if no, then no. Simple as that.

Hazard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Swap Magic hack in the future? Because I notice the sliding top remind me of my slim ps2 with flip top for swap magic.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm more curious about the motherboard than anything else.

By the way look where the blue ray lens is located... not great especially if you have children, they'll put their finger on the lens and ruin your system within minutes.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont like this one thing: Slide on the top. I am glad that I have original SLIM PS3. One thing I like about this one: Its smaller. It doesnt matter. Why buy one if your original SLIM is not broken and already is hackable ? :)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm pretty happy with my old phat PS3 with 1TB hard disk.
This PS3 looks just cheap and a step back.
The size is definetly a plus, but everything else doesn't look anything better than what I have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse