Hacking PS3 SNES Emu Help!

shango46

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to play some SNES on my PS3. I installed the SNES90000_VER_01.00.pkg file and have put a few roms in the Rom folder in the SNEs90000-USDIR-roms folder. Every rom I try to load I get some yellow writing and then black screen. I use the demo rom Pong.sfc and that works, but all the .smc roms don't work. I tried to find .sfc roms, but they don't seem to exist other than this demo and renaming them did not help. Yet I tried the same with the FCE one and it loads great. No problems.

I am on rebug 3.55.2 and using MultiMan 2.07.03. I try from both and it does not work. What am I missing?

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's worth a shot to "purify" your .smc roms. Look for the SNES emulator for the PC called bsnes and drag your .smc rom into the snespurify.exe that comes with it, it'll be converted to .sfc.

I have no clue otherwise.

wootwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case others have this problem and snespurify doesn't work for some reason, you can also try pressing in the R3 button and selecting "Reset and switch from PAL to NTSC", that was the only thing that worked for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning