Hardware Ps3 shuts off, red blinking light, temps are fine

Inexplicit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, I'm getting the automatic shutoff followed by a red flashing light after about 10 minutes of use. This is after using the console for the first time in about a year or so, with no prior problems. I check the temps in webman right before the shutoff and I get readings around 60 degrees C. Is there any way to fix the problem or is it donezo?

Thanks in advanced.

Inexplicit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try to clean the internals may have collected alot of dust
I opened it up and the insides were absolutely disgusting. I bought it preowned so it wan't me that soiled this device. Finished putting it back together, hopefully clearing out some of the filth will net me results. Thanks for the suggestion!

[Edit] Looks like the problem is still occuring. Is this just a generic ylod or could it be anything else?

Also it looks like some of the thermal pads are missing from the board. Could that be a cause?

Last edited by Inexplicit,
Reactions: Beerus

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont want to start a new thread but this sounds similar to what ive just noticed apart from one odd thing.

I only get flashing red/green lights when i turn my console off?

cant say ive noticed this before so cant say when or how long its been happening.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red light = temperature issue. So indeed cleaning should do the trick.
when powering off? i dont see why it would be because its recently been cleaned and new paste put on and the console had only been turned on for a brief moment then off again because i wanted to check if a hdmi auto switch was working.

if its this fault ill have to contact the seller.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah missed that. When powering off and the PS3 beeps and then a red blinking light indicates that your Harddrive is not OK. Do a rebuild of the database or replace the HDD.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah missed that. When powering off and the PS3 beeps and then a red blinking light indicates that your Harddrive is not OK. Do a rebuild of the database or replace the HDD.
ahh i do recall a while back a random crash and could hear the hdd clicking, but its been fine for a while but dont really use it.

i had informed the guy i bought it off so will message again, thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night