Hacking PS3 OFW 3.41

lotus360

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a ps3 on ofw 3.41. I've been looking into guides into installing cfw. Most of them are back from 2014 and they recommend I to update to 3.55 ofw first. Then install kmeaw 3.55 and enable qa, dump eEID key, and create a NOR backup. And then I can install the latest cfw. Is this still the way to do it? Thanks.

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guide is still valid, PS3 scene hasn't really changed much at its core, just lots of new homebrew has released that I never documented and also REBUG's controller sync bug fix. So you can call it outdated in a way, I guess? Won't really update it in the foreseeable future since don't use PS3 as much.
Same goes for the multiman beginner's guide if you don't count all the new features that were introduced in the time since.
Still usable but may need to Google for the newer features and homebrew

If you want the short way, although somewhat risky without Toggle QA.

Update to 3.55. I fixed the MEGA link to OFW 3.55 on my infothread/guide.

After that, go to REBUG's site and get the REX version of the latest CFW there and install it.

To install both of these, you have to do this:
Remove game discs from BluRay Drive, turn off Automatic Update (of course). Also turn off Wifi in case.

After this, get a USB and place 3.55 OFW Update in USB://PS3/UPDATE (Make the folders and subfolders)
Rename the OFW update to PS3UPDAT.PUP
Plug this USB at the rightmost port of PS3.
Go to System Update and Update via Storage Media, let it run through. If success, you should be at OFW 3.55

After this delete that OFW 3.55 Update PUP and put the REBUG CFW one in there and rename that to PS3UPDAT.PUP
Same steps.
Let it go through the two screens and when it reboots, you should get the REBUG Scorpion logo.

At this point, install REBUG Toolbox and Multiman. REBUG has a thing called Webman that basically does the same shit but Multiman has the File Manager, which is necessary for alot of stuff in the future.

Last edited by CheeseCake,
Reactions: lotus360

Daniel41550

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to go online, you should also install PSNinja, in that, you should press Wipe History, Replace History, and Make History Read Only.Then get PSNPatch and press X when you are going to go online. Doing these on each boot will minimize your risk of getting banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/liquid-cooling/intel-and-exxonmobil-working-on-advance...