Gaming Ps3 not getting power =0 Help!!

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i bought a ps3 off of ebay for really cheap because it didnt come with anything (I had almost everything any way). It also doesn't have a hard drive, i plan to get one soon. But the system isnt getting any power at all =0 No lights no nothing. So does not having a hard drive make a difference? Also its a CECHP01 model

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It should also power-on without an HD.

Sounds like something in it is fried.

Worth a shot: If it's a Fat model, there should be a power switch on the back, be sure that it's turned on.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wolven9 said:
Dang this sucks... =/ I guess i might need to buy a new power supply unit
That in the hopeful case that this isn't a case of motherboard failure, or even worse, a failed YLOD repair attempt (which can be disastrous, if tried by unskilled people).

BTW, the power supply is internal, so you'll have to open it up, and swap it. Don't try to do it if you're not skilled in repairing electronics.

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope no yellow. Just red when its off and a quick beep and green light before it shuts off again. To make the light come back on i have to unplug a few wires from inside for about 30 seconds and then plug them back in

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended