Hardware ps3 "eating" discs?

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today i took my skyrim game out of my ps3 after 35 hrs of playing it , about 6 hours at a time , i noticed if i held it up to the light theres a few little "chips" on the edge of the disc, idk if it came like that but my other discs aren' t like that and skyrim still plays fine so far , im thinking if my ps3 did cause it then its from the countinuos play ...just an fyi anyone know how their discs look?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way the inside blu-ray mechanism looks like is a black rectangular box, inside it is a rectangular metal piece that mounts onto the black rectangular piece and the laser rests on it's track. The very north of the track is where the center of the disc is about and when it moves up the track it's going out to the outer edge of the disc. It's unlikely the laser it bumping up on the surface of the disc but it is possible for remnants of objects to catch on the laser and do a bunch scrape it as it's spinning around. The patterns of the chips look like it was caused when it was spinning around?

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way the inside blu-ray mechanism looks like is a black rectangular box, inside it is a rectangular metal piece that mounts onto the black rectangular piece and the laser rests on it's track. The very north of the track is where the center of the disc is about and when it moves up the track it's going out to the outer edge of the disc. It's unlikely the laser it bumping up on the surface of the disc but it is possible for remnants of objects to catch on the laser and do a bunch scrape it as it's spinning around. The patterns of the chips look like it was caused when it was spinning around?
yea pretty much , if i run a finger around the edge of it i can feel the little chips

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.