Hardware PS3 CPU GPU thermal paste reapply

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks~ I'll check it out after some sleep (did a GTAV binge today).

Is COD MW2 a good game to cure thermal paste on ps3 or is Uncharted 2 better?
I also can use God of war 3 or killzone 2

If you are gonna cure some AC5 (?), supposedly it takes about 200 hours. That's a long time to let something be hot.
But if you are going to do it, anything GFX intense should do the trick for getting the CPU+GPU nice n hot. Uncharted 2 may be the only one not as intense as the other 3.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are gonna cure some AC5 (?), supposedly it takes about 200 hours. That's a long time to let something be hot.
But if you are going to do it, anything GFX intense should do the trick for getting the CPU+GPU nice n hot. Uncharted 2 may be the only one not as intense as the other 3.

I am just stating to play Kill zone 2. i am going to try to plat it so that should take me atlest 30 - 40 hours.

a friend of mine had some thermal paste(cant remember the name) that he says is very good and it only has about 40 - 50 hours to cur. he put some on for me.
the temp is the same temp i was having with the no cure (fake)MX-2 that was sold to me, freshly applied.

so i did not get the AS5.

also i have noticed that when my cousin comes over to play LA Noir my ps3 fan get louder after about 30 minutes of gameplay and Kill Zone 2 after about 1 1/2 hours the fan starts to get as loud.

so should i use LA Noir over Kill Zone 2?

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good that it doesn't have 200 hours... That really put me off of AS5.
Well, I'm not sure on the correlation between the temperature and the cure time as I never saw anything like that on the AS5 package but, it may not really matter.
Hopefully someone on the site may know or maybe check out https://www.google.com/#q=thermal+paste+cure+time+temperature+ps3 for some more info.

Riyrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone here notice their heat spreader isn't flat? I'm pretty sure mine isn't and apparently other people have noticed the same.

Riyrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean the thermal paste job from the factory? If so, yeah, mine wasn't very well done. Not terrible, but not great.

I'm talking about the flat piece of metal on the CPU/GPU which has cell/rsx written on it. I believe it's not very flat on my slim, but I didn't look too much into it.

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm talking about the flat piece of metal on the CPU/GPU which has cell/rsx written on it. I believe it's not very flat on my slim, but I didn't look too much into it.
Oh... When I thoroughly cleaned the old paste off of it, it sure seemed flat... at least nothing seemed warped or anything like that.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you think IHS is not perfectly flat you can sand it down a bit, personally it wouldn't really matter though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: There is some really odd DS games I liked but not sure others would like them lol