PS3 Controller Issue

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Prior22, Oct 30, 2016.

Oct 30, 2016

PS3 Controller Issue by Prior22 at 9:16 AM (197 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Prior22
    OP

Member Prior22 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Over the past several days my dualshock 3 controller has continued to turn off while in use. I've tried the method of unplugging the console, resetting the controller and plugging it in via the usb cord. This didn't help though.

My question is whether or not this is likely a console or controller issue. Within the next few days I'll be able to borrow a controller to see if a new one will fix the issue. But if not I'm curious how the console would need to be fixed to remedy the problem. Thanks.

2. Meteor7

Member Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

United States
    Don't hate me for suggesting this, but are you sure it's fully charged? Maybe the battery is going bad?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just caught that you said it happens when it's plugged in. In that case, I have no idea what the issue would be. I guess, are you sure the cord works? Does it actually charge from the cable?

Last edited by Meteor7, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Prior22
    OP

Member Prior22 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The battery icon, on the menu, lists the controller as fully charged. So the amount of power in the controller isn't the issue.