†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
OP
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay heres the thing I recently got a new PS3 and ever since playing games like Super Street Fighter 4 I always use the D Pad but lately my fingers been hurting on the D Pad the first time I got a Giant Bulb on my finger from pressing the button too much I'm just wondering does anyone have this problem and is there a Solution? Also I'm not used to the Analog reason I use the D Pad

EDIT: I just notice this goes in PS3 Hardware not in Games sorry about that

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The D-Pad is soft and mushy in the button presses. It almost seems like you're hitting the actual plastic a lot of the time. I would suggest getting used to the analog sticks for the betterment of the feeling of your fingers.

Princess Rozalin

OP
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
The D-Pad is soft and mushy in the button presses. It almost seems like you're hitting the actual plastic a lot of the time. I would suggest getting used to the analog sticks for the betterment of the feeling of your fingers.
No I'm hitting the D Pad not the Plastic and I tried getting used to it I just can't

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know what to say then. Sony no longer designs their D-Pads with constant use in mind. Where the PS1 controllers had fantastic D-Pads, the PS2 and PS3's D-Pads lack something on them that I can't quite place being at school right now.

Can't really say how to make that more comfortable outside of wearing rubber work gloves when you play to prevent burn.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I, most of the time, use the D-Pad (for Dragon Ball Z Burstlimit) but don't get any burns.
unsure.gif

What part of your finger are the burns on?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
it's time you started to get used to a arcade stick imo, i had the same problem with my thumbs and then i moved to arcade stick i can play for longer without thumbs wearing out
smile.gif

Princess Rozalin

OP
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
it's time you started to get used to a arcade stick imo, i had the same problem with my thumbs and then i moved to arcade stick i can play for longer without thumbs wearing out
smile.gif
Arcade Stick hmmm...I been thinking about buying one I just wasn't sure about it

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Princess Rozalin said:
jalaneme said:
smile.gif
Arcade Stick hmmm...I been thinking about buying one I just wasn't sure about it

you can buy a budget one and it still works just as good, you don't need to buy the very expensive one or you may want to have a look at the new mortal kombat 9 arcade stick (buy before they arcade sticks are outsourced because of greedy ebay sellers), it's sick
smile.gif
you should count yourself lucky you can actually buy one, you can't buy them in the uk at all.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Buy a 360 controller and one of the devices out there that allows you to use the 360 controller with a PS3.

Problem solved. The PS3 controller is trash.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Hells Malice said:
Buy a 360 controller and one of the devices out there that allows you to use the 360 controller with a PS3.

I don't know if you have been living under a rock, but...I hate to break it to you...The 360 controller is a joke to most fighting game enthusiasts. It's hard to just find this out, I know, but it's better that you know now.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have this same problem when playing MvC3. every time I try a hadouken with the d-pad(⇓⇘⇒ + P) it gets worse. I just stop playing before I grow a chalice(white air bubble under skin).

A fight stick would be nice but I'd have to give my arm to get one. And I need that to even play.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Get calluses. Play until you think you're about to get a blister then stop for the day, they'll start to develop after a while.

Either that or just put a band-aid over the blister and keep going.

Hells Malice said:

From a bad d-pad to a worse d-pad. Great solution. It's not even a Dualshock specific issue.

edit: Trying it out, the DS3 d-pad doesn't actually seem too bad. How long were you playing for exactly?

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Princess Rozalin said:
Okay heres the thing I recently got a new PS3 and ever since playing games like Super Street Fighter 4 I always use the D Pad but lately my fingers been hurting on the D Pad the first time I got a Giant Bulb on my finger from pressing the button too much I'm just wondering does anyone have this problem and is there a Solution? Also I'm not used to the Analog reason I use the D Pad

EDIT: I just notice this goes in PS3 Hardware not in Games sorry about that

Solution 1:
Get out more

Solution 2:
Harden up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?