Gaming [PS3] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Update = 2gb, ETA = 2000 MIN!!

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey temp. I bought battlefield bad company 2 and a new ps3 (check signature) and started the game. A message popped up asking me to update in order to play online. Without the update, i kant play online. I clicked update, and realized that the download is 2 gbs in size. I thought ' thisl take a while', and watched the ETA. The ETA tho said this: Time remaining: 1200 MIN. Later, it went to 2000, then 1000. How can I get this thing downloaded without leaving my PS3 on for 1-2k mins? This is not a problem with my internet, because i did a speedtest and got about 300-400 kbps (supposed to be 5-6, but it slowed down 4 sum reason). Any1 getting the same problem?

ibrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i do is just do the update when your about to go to sleep then you.. wake up in the morning feeling like p diddy or battlefield bad company 2

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Dangy said:
idulkoan said:
Dangy said:
Uh... get faster internet?
Umm if u read my first post, i have a max of 6mbps. my internet is not the problem here

"i did a speedtest and got about 300-400 kbps"

Your internet is the problem.
sorry i forgot to put 'got 300-400 kbps while downlaoding on the ps3 (while the ps3 is using bandwidth trying to update)
And even if 400 kbps was my max, i still shuldnt hav this problem... does it have to do with sony + tsunami = servers slow?

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dangy said:
idulkoan said:
Dangy said:
Umm if u read my first post, i have a max of 6mbps. my internet is not the problem here

No, it's not. I have a max of 300 KB/s and I downloaded the update on my PC AND 360 in roughly four or five hours each.
Hell, Sony servers aren't that great, I tried updating to 3.60 via the PS3 by downloading the update through it and it took over four hours to get past 30%. I had to actually manually go to their website and download the thing, and it was going at a MAX of 20 KB/s, no one was even in my house nor was anyone else connected to my internet, AND the thing was connected via Ethernet.
The Multiplayer servers are fine, it's just that the download servers seem like a mess.

Edit: Just a quick note, the 3.60 file was like 170 MB.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
No its not my internet, and i can prove that. I got it working with this guide: I downloaded the PKG file with jdownloader, and now im downloading the patch on my ps3 getting the files from my pc. it used to say thousands of hours, and now its looking at about 30-50 mins.

soliunasm said:
Dangy said:
idulkoan said:
Dangy said:

No, it's not. I have a max of 300 KB/s and I downloaded the update on my PC AND 360 in roughly four or five hours each.
Hell, Sony servers aren't that great, I tried updating to 3.60 via the PS3 by downloading the update through it and it took over four hours to get past 30%. I had to actually manually go to their website and download the thing, and it was going at a MAX of 20 KB/s, no one was even in my house nor was anyone else connected to my internet, AND the thing was connected via Ethernet.
The Multiplayer servers are fine, it's just that the download servers seem like a mess.

Edit: Just a quick note, the 3.60 file was like 170 MB.
Thats the patch im downloading, now successfully
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.