Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
Are you useing PowerDefragmenter on the files?
You need non fragmented files to run on OPL.
And avoid USB sticks over 4gb.
No, the problem is I can't seem to get the on there. I've formated to NTFS, and I've De fragmented the game, but then I don't know how to put them on there.

And why do I have to avoid anything over 4 gig? if that's the case, how do I put things like persona 4 on a 4 gig?

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
"I've formated to NTFS" Is your 1st problem. Needs to be Fat32.
Placing the game onto a USB stick can not be done directly you need to convert the game with Usbinsane if its an image file or UsbExtreme for disc. You can also use USBUtil v2.0 to convert.
You need to rip the game to the root of your HDD then drag and drop your files
Example ul.67A1B103.SCES_507.60.00 and ul.cfg to your USB stick.
USB HDD is much more convenient as you can rip the games directly to it.
USB sticks over 4gb seem to make the system hang when you start the console but you might have a stick that doesn't do this.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
"I've formated to NTFS" Is your 1st problem. Needs to be Fat32.
Placing the game onto a USB stick can not be done directly you need to convert the game with Usbinsane if its an image file or UsbExtreme for disc. You can also use USBUtil v2.0 to convert.
You need to rip the game to the root of your HDD then drag and drop your files
Example ul.67A1B103.SCES_507.60.00 and ul.cfg to your USB stick.
USB HDD is much more convenient as you can rip the games directly to it.
USB sticks over 4gb seem to make the system hang when you start the console but you might have a stick that doesn't do this.
Ahhhh, I see my problem. Ok thanks, I've been trying to figure this out all day. I'm ripping Persona 4 on my hdd as I'm typing this. Thanks.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you install OPL to your memory card when you installed FMCB?
Im lazy and install it as HDLOADER.ELF lol if not just put the OPL on the USB and boot with Ulaunch as you do.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
Did you install OPL to your memory card when you installed FMCB?
Im lazy and install it as HDLOADER.ELF lol if not just put the OPL on the USB and boot with Ulaunch as you do.
It's all installed on there and the game is working. Movies stutter, but that's fine with me.

Thank you, you've been a big help to me.

shadow100z

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
find a usb harddrive, format it to fat32. enable sharing on it, and set up smb network on open ps2 loader. Every game i threw at it yet worked almost perfect. WAy WAY WAY better than usb. Even if you want you can use a partion on your computer for it.
There are turtials online for it. open ps2 loaded even have it's own guide there. You will need a crossover lan cable or a router though. I uses a 80gb in my htpc desktop which have another lan card installed connected to my ps2 with a crossover lan cable.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been using teh wd my book live for a few months now with my ps2 slim.
3tb is a bit much for ps2 games
wink.gif
But if your gonna invest in a network card or a new hard drive its one you (i mean anyone) should look into.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
shadow100z said:
find a usb harddrive, format it to fat32. enable sharing on it, and set up smb network on open ps2 loader. Every game i threw at it yet worked almost perfect. WAy WAY WAY better than usb. Even if you want you can use a partion on your computer for it.
There are turtials online for it. open ps2 loaded even have it's own guide there. You will need a crossover lan cable or a router though. I uses a 80gb in my htpc desktop which have another lan card installed connected to my ps2 with a crossover lan cable.

Why so complicated? Loading via SMB works from all filesystems, including NTFS.

phil wilson

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Socom 2, SCUSNGUI.ELF [from the main menu, swap in your backup, select "LAN", select "EDIT NETWORK CONFIGURATIONS", ulaunchelf will start.]
Need For Speed Underground 2, Replace NTGUI.ELF file in the NETGUI folder > swap disc at main menu, selected Online, then Add/Edit and ULaunchElf will start]

Ratchet Deadlocked, NTGUI.ELF (in NETGUI folder)[select "MULTIPLAYER", now select "ONLINE PLAY", select "NETWORK SETUP", ulaunch will start]
non of them work for me

JeBobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, so I have a problem, no matter what game I use, the game freezes when I swap for the burnt disc. It never seems to read whats on the DVD, but when I put the normal one back in, it works perfectly, I'm trying to stay as low budget as possible (I used SOCOM:SA and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory) and neither of them load off of my DVD+RW.

After trying it with Chaos Theory, when I press continue and swap discs real quickly, I get the "insert a PlayStation 2 format disc" message, and doesn't go away unless I eject. I'm stuck on this and I don't have the money to shell out for such an old console (As a high schooler I have better things to spend my money on than this, and I don't mind a few extra minutes of work for a lesser price) I just want to be able to install FMCB on here and all I'm getting is headaches.

I'm using ImgBurn and a Fujifilm DVD+RW, PS2 Fat SCPH-39001, (I can try a 79001 if needed), a Kingston DT101 G2 4gb USB drive, and I have 2 of the games listed up there, both tried with no success. (then again I might not be doing something right)

EDIT: It might be the disc, after a while the stuff starts to load, I'll just have to buy a new one I guess, but here's one thing for people to learn: use R's and not RW's, RW's in consoles don't work as well (in my experience) and make sure to use a nice brand when doing something like this, as memorex and fujifilm don't really do a good job and can mess up, like what happened with me.

Last edited by JeBobs,

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
EDIT: It might be the disc, after a while the stuff starts to load, I'll just have to buy a new one I guess, but here's one thing for people to learn: use R's and not RW's, RW's in consoles don't work as well (in my experience) and make sure to use a nice brand when doing something like this, as memorex and fujifilm don't really do a good job and can mess up, like what happened with me.

Never use RW with PS2. Anyway, you maybe should better spend your bucks sending a mc to someone who could install it for ya'.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@JeBobs Welcome to GBATemp.
First of all, please don't necrobump.
It is looked down upon.

I agree with Shaolin, get a spare memorycard and let someone install FMCB to it (or do it yourself)
Then you can use a HDD (if it's a phatty) to load games or you can load them from SMB (shared on your PC)
If you're keen on using DVDs, use Verbatim ones, the non rewritable ones.
Their the best.

JeBobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JeBobs Welcome to GBATemp.
First of all, please don't necrobump.
It is looked down upon.

I agree with Shaolin, get a spare memorycard and let someone install FMCB to it (or do it yourself)
Then you can use a HDD (if it's a phatty) to load games or you can load them from SMB (shared on your PC)
If you're keen on using DVDs, use Verbatim ones, the non rewritable ones.
Their the best.

Never use RW with PS2. Anyway, you maybe should better spend your bucks sending a mc to someone who could install it for ya'.

I didn't think that creating a whole new thread for my small question was bad, I won't do it in the future though :) I like doing things myself, so I'd preferably do it myself, though if I HAVE to, I have a spare empty mc that I can ship to somebody to put fmcb on. Yes it is a fat, but if I need to, my friend will let me barrow his slim 79001. I figured it had something to do with it being a RW and not just an R, and the ones I was looking at buying anyways were verbatim, so that's good :/ Thanks guys for the help, I'll keep you posted when I get the DVD's in.

JeBobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I'd say get a BBA and use HD loading ;p
It's quite easy to install FMCB if you got a Memor32 or 007 AUF and a hacked backup copy of it
I was already planning to get a network adapter and I have a spare 30gb WD drive, I tried my modded Chaos Theory in PCSX2 to see if it was the image that was messed up and when i pressed Online Multiplayer it loaded uLaunchELF, so that's working, now I'm waiting to get some DVD's when I can, Ill mod it, then I'll buy the network adapter and attach my hard drive.

Reactions: DinohScene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: