Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
Am I able to softmod my ps2? It's a slim and it's pre 90001.

yes. You can install freeMCboot on it.

You need one of the following things to do it:

Action replay max
Codebreaker
gameshark
swapmagic
memor32 memcard
PS2 game (007 agent under fire has a full guide, also these:

***007 Agent under fire, DRIVING.ELF {info is in the tutorial}

***007 Nightfire, DRIVING.ELF [ go to the 2nd level and save, return to main menu and swap discs, select 2nd level and it will boot ulaunchelf ]

***007 from Russia with love, NFS.ELF [ go to the need for speed DEMO from the main menu, and it will boot ulaunchelf ]

***SOCOM Combined Assult, SCUSNGUI.ELF [swap at main menu, select "MULTIPLAYER", now select "LAN", you will go to another screen where you exit, upon exiting that screen ulaunchelf will start.]

***Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, NETDOWN.ELF [ press start, your now at the main menu, swap disks, select "SPECIAL", now select "CAMOUFLAGE DOWNLOAD" by pressing O button, ulaunchelf will start]

***Socom 3, SCUSNGUI.ELF [from main menu, select your save, select "ONLINE", select "LAN", select "EDIT CONFIGURATION", ulaunch will start ]

***Socom 2, SCUSNGUI.ELF [from the main menu, swap in your backup, select "LAN", select "EDIT NETWORK CONFIGURATIONS", ulaunchelf will start.]

***Syphon Filter The Omega Strain, NTGUI2CN.ELF (in netgui folder)[first create a save game, then select "PLAY ON-LINE", it will now ask you to "Launch NetGui application now?" select yes, ulaunchelf will start.]

***Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, SC3_ON.ELF [swap at main menu, press start, then select "MULTIPLAYER ONLINE", ulaunchelf will start]

***Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, GUI.ELF (in the NETGUI folder)[at main menu swap, "press start" & select "PLAY ONLINE", a series of loading screens will happen, select "create/edit", select "create/edit" again, another screen will ask you the same question., ulaunch will start]

***King of Fighters Neowave, NTGUI2.ELF [press start, now select "NETWORK MATCH", highlight the first option and enter that, now select the second option, uLaunchelf will start]

***StarWars Battlefront 2 NTGUI.ELF (in the NETGUI folder)[go to the main menu, swap and select "multiplayer", now select "LAN", select "Add/Edit", now select "EXIT WITHOUT SAVING", ulaunch will start]

***Jak X Combat Racing, NTGUI_UC.ELF (in the NETGUI folder)[first create a save, from the main menu, select "Exhibition", now select "LAN", now select "ACCEPT", ulaunchelf will start]

***Ratchet Deadlocked, NTGUI.ELF (in NETGUI folder)[select "MULTIPLAYER", now select "ONLINE PLAY", select "NETWORK SETUP", ulaunch will start]

***Smackdown vs. Raw 2006, NTGUI2.ELF (in the NTGUI2 folder)[select "ONLINE", now "ACCEPT", now select "Edit/Create Network Configuration", ulaunchelf will start]

***NHL 2004, NTGUI.ELF [Main Menu > Game Modes > Play Online > Continue without saving, then Swap at Network Configuration screen and hit X, ulaunchelf will start]

*** Demo Disc 066 [NTSC-U] [SCUS-97241],ROCKY.ELF (in rocky folder) [select "playground", there is a little video so press X to skip, then select "rocky". Press X and it gives you a controller diagram, SWAP here and then press X. uLaunchELF will start.]

***Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Replace SLUS_201.99 file in DEMO folder > Go to Settings on the main menu and select Dave Mira BMX demo, Swap disc when menu appears asking if you want to load demo, Hit yes, ulaunchelf will start]

***Hitman: Blood Money, Replace URBAN.ELF file in URBAN folder > In the main menu go to extras and select the demo for Urban Chaos, ulaunchelf will start]

***Madden 2007, Replace NTGUI.ELF file > swap cd at main menu, go to "Play Online" select "Create New Account" and ULaunchElf will start]

***Need For Speed Underground 2, Replace NTGUI.ELF file in the NETGUI folder > swap disc at main menu, selected Online, then Add/Edit and ULaunchElf will start]

***FIFA 2008, Replace NETGUI_NA.ELF file >-Select "Online Mode" from the main menu (it's recommended to have a saved profile for the game on Memory card) -Select "Add/Edit" option (configure a new account and then go to the "Add" option again) -The screen goes to black & then ulaunchelf appears!

***Mortal Kombat Armageddon [SLUS 21410GH] (Replaced NTGUI.ELF, but disc check was performed before it was launched in every situation I tried in the Online Play area. No other *.ELF to replace on disc.)

You didn't give away any of those IIRC.

You can also ship someone your MC so they can do it for you.

Use ESR for PS2 Disc backups and OPL for backups on a hard drive.

A good place to start would be here: http://freemcboot.psx-scene.com/

Then become a member here if you have any more questions: http://psx-scene.com/forums/ps2-homebrew-dev-emu-scene/ (that's just a direct link to the PS2 exploit/emulator forum, you join the forum as a whole.

Reactions: KiiWii and Margen67

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Duskye said:

Then become a member here if you have any more questions: http://psx-scene.com/forums/ps2-homebrew-dev-emu-scene/ (that's just a direct link to the PS2 exploit/emulator forum, you join the forum as a whole.
What is ESR and OPL?

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
personuser said:
Duskye said:

What is ESR and OPL?

ESR is...ESR. it loads backed up PS2 games.

OPL=Open PS2 Loader. It loads PS2 games off of a HDD, USB HD or SMB network.

You can also load PSX backups using PSXloader, but it's a little tricky.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So could I use the disc swapping method with mine? I'm planning on getting 007 Nightfire to do this. Would that work?

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
So could I use the disc swapping method with mine? I'm planning on getting 007 Nightfire to do this. Would that work?

Yes, sort of like that.

What you do is replace an .elf file in the game's disc (DRIVING.ELF) with ulaunchelf.elf renamed to DRIVING.ELF using a computer and load a certain stage (stage 2) which loads Ulaunchelf, then, with a USB stick in one of the PS2's USB drives, you boot freemcboot.elf, which is your permnent softmod. If you've ever hacked a wii it's sort of like the savegame exploits.

Once FreeMCBoot is installed it's like the homebrew channel. It boots every time you turn on your PS2 with the hacked memory card in. You put .elfs on a memcard that it runs right from the PS2's menu. One of those .elfs can be ESR (CD/DVD PS2 backups), OPL (to load PS2 CD/DVD from network/HD/HDD), PSXloader (load PS1 games from burnt CDs, only works on SOME MODELS. Strangely enough even though my 90001 cant freeMCboot it can still load PSX backups. You really have to try and see for yourself, some models it does an extra disc check, some it doesnt. Mine it doesnt
smile.gif
) Ulaunchelf (to launch multiple programs), and emulators. ELF is like the PS2's .exe.

BTW, the only way to load PSX games from USB/HDD is PS2PSXE, a VERRY early PSX emu for PS2 with no sound and damn confusing setup.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Duskye said:

Yes, sort of like that.

What you do is replace an .elf file in the game's disc (DRIVING.ELF) with ulaunchelf.elf renamed to DRIVING.ELF using a computer and load a certain stage (stage 2) which loads Ulaunchelf, then, with a USB stick in one of the PS2's USB drives, you boot freemcboot.elf, which is your permnent softmod. If you've ever hacked a wii it's sort of like the savegame exploits.

Once FreeMCBoot is installed it's like the homebrew channel. It boots every time you turn on your PS2 with the hacked memory card in. You put .elfs on a memcard that it runs right from the PS2's menu. One of those .elfs can be ESR (CD/DVD PS2 backups), OPL (to load PS2 CD/DVD from network/HD/HDD), PSXloader (load PS1 games from burnt CDs, only works on SOME MODELS. Strangely enough even though my 90001 cant freeMCboot it can still load PSX backups. You really have to try and see for yourself, some models it does an extra disc check, some it doesnt. Mine it doesnt
smile.gif
) Ulaunchelf (to launch multiple programs), and emulators. ELF is like the PS2's .exe.

BTW, the only way to load PSX games from USB/HDD is PS2PSXE, a VERRY early PSX emu for PS2 with no sound and damn confusing setup.
Ah thanks. I've hacked everyone one of my consoles except my ps2 as I though it was hard. And I'm lucky as I was tempted to get the newer one, but decided to get the old in case I could hack it.

And I know about the wii save game hack, but I used the BannerBomb hack instead.

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
Ah thanks. I've hacked everyone one of my consoles except my ps2 as I though it was hard. And I'm lucky as I was tempted to get the newer one, but decided to get the old in case I could hack it.

And I know about the wii save game hack, but I used the BannerBomb hack instead.

Actually, some 90001s can be FMCBed. It's like trying to find a hackable PSP 2000, but MUCH harder, as there weren't any special editions or combo packs guaranteed to have the older mobo, just one guaranteed to have the newer mobo, the lego batman pack. You have to look at the date code and if it's 8B (AKA second quarter of 2008) or earler, it can be hacked. Mine is 0A (AKA first quarter of 2010 , so its later and I have to use swap magics
frown.gif
)

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Duskye said:

Actually, some 90001s can be FMCBed. It's like trying to find a hackable PSP 2000, but MUCH harder, as there weren't any special editions or combo packs guaranteed to have the older mobo, just one guaranteed to have the newer mobo, the lego batman pack. You have to look at the date code and if it's 8B (AKA second quarter of 2008) or earler, it can be hacked. Mine is 0A (AKA first quarter of 2010 , so its later and I have to use swap magics
frown.gif
)
Well, mines a 70012 to be exact. I got it for 12 dollars at gamestop when I traded in Black ops. I wanted a new ps2 as my fat broke finally.

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
personuser said:
Duskye said:

frown.gif
)
Well, mines a 70012 to be exact. I got it for 12 dollars at gamestop when I traded in Black ops. I wanted a new ps2 as my fat broke finally.

Ah yeah you'll be fine.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
With 70000 series, you would want to use USB/LAN loading instead of disc loading. 70000 series' laser can die prematurely.
That's sort of why I'm doing this. I've heard about the lasers. Probably after I'm done using 007 Nightfire, the laser won't get much use.

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
Hmm, this maybe dumb to ask but can I use HD Loader on my ps2? Or is it only for fats?

FreeMCBoot+Open PS2 loader has better compatibility than HDloader, in fact it's nearly perfect now.

And the HDD is only for phats, but you can still use a USB HD in FAT32 (WARNING, SLOW), or SMB Network. I recommend the network.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm seriously pissed here. I've been up all night trying to get this swap to work, but nothing works. I've even burned 2 dvds, sony ones at that, and still it's not working.

I know this maybe asking much, but is there anyone here that can install FMCB for me? I've checked to see on PSX scene if someone could, but it said he was retired.

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
Ok, I'm seriously pissed here. I've been up all night trying to get this swap to work, but nothing works. I've even burned 2 dvds, sony ones at that, and still it's not working.

I know this maybe asking much, but is there anyone here that can install FMCB for me? I've checked to see on PSX scene if someone could, but it said he was retired.

I would if I could, but you have to have the same model of PS2 to do it
frown.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Duskye said:

I would if I could, but you have to have the same model of PS2 to do it
frown.gif
Hmmm, than the only thing I could do is go to trading section to see if anyone has a codebreaker or ar max to burrow.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
No you dont you just install a multi system FreeMcboot and when he gets it back from you he just
re-runs Freemcboot from USB and installs standard single system

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
No you dont you just install a multi system FreeMcboot and when he gets it back from you he just
re-runs Freemcboot from USB and installs standard single system
But don't u have to do the swap trick in order to load it from usb? Cause than it still wouldn't work for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c