Hacking Ps2 Iso's on Rebug 4.82

DieVorspeise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Guys, i just bought myself a Ps3 and installed Rebug 4.82.

My overall plan was to use the Ps3 for Psx/Ps2 Games because i don't own these consoles anymore.
Problem is that i can not manage to launch Ps2 Iso's, since i'm new to the topic i already searched through the internet for a solution.
I use Multiman, enabled Cobra and also installed Webman. Whenever i try to load an Iso, i just get a blackscreen and my Ps3 reboots.

EDIT: I try to load Iso from internal drive, not external

It seems like this is a common problem but i found no help, so what can i do?

Last edited by DieVorspeise,

spraydom22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hey Guys, i just bought myself a Ps3 and installed Rebug 4.82.

My overall plan was to use the Ps3 for Psx/Ps2 Games because i don't own these consoles anymore.
Problem is that i can not manage to launch Ps2 Iso's, since i'm new to the topic i already searched through the internet for a solution.
I use Multiman, enabled Cobra and also installed Webman. Whenever i try to load an Iso, i just get a blackscreen and my Ps3 reboots.

EDIT: I try to load Iso from internal drive, not external

It seems like this is a common problem but i found no help, so what can i do?

You put it in the PS2ISO folder ( usually /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO ) and you verifed the ISO rip is good and it's ok on the list http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List ?

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are you trying to mount the iso through webman?
My BC PS3 blackscreens if I'm too quick to boot any mounted PS2 iso, I have to wait a few seconds until the "X game mounted" popup dissapears to avoid getting the black screen (so maybe webman mounts ps2 isos a bit slower i guess)

DieVorspeise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you trying to mount the iso through webman?
My BC PS3 blackscreens if I'm too quick to boot any mounted PS2 iso, I have to wait a few seconds until the "X game mounted" popup dissapears to avoid getting the black screen (so maybe webman mounts ps2 isos a bit slower i guess)

Ps2 Iso i get the notification in Top right that it loaded the iso successfully and I can start via xmb -> Blackscreen

Ps1 Iso i get an error notification on top right

spraydom22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I put my Persona 3 FES iso in /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO but it doesn't start

Might want to try a different ISO. http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Emulation#Config_file_examples_.28for_netemu.29 suggests there is a configuration file needed for persona 3.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ps2 Iso i get the notification in Top right that it loaded the iso successfully and I can start via xmb -> Blackscreen

Ps1 Iso i get an error notification on top right

alternatively. try ferrox 4.82

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first download reactpsn (google it, not sure of link legality here)
then go to https://rebug.me/downloads/
scroll all the way down to the bottom and download the rap file and the pkg for the ps2 launcher
install the pkg with package manager, and put the rap file in usb:\exdata\
create an account named aa on your system
using account aa, log onto it and run reactpsn which will activate the rap file in usb:\exdata\ for the ps2 launcher title on your system
log back on as you, mount the ps2 iso as you did before with webman and try launching from disc icon on xmb and if you still have trouble, try launching the ps2 launcher you installed as an app once you mount the appropriate iso.

this was what i did and something along the line got it working on my ps3 slim, able to play aqua teen hunger force golf and gta vice city stories perfectly.

Last edited by Mark McDonut,

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
you have just to put them on ps2iso folder and activate cobra mode in toolbox rebug

webman will load it and let you launch

but if you do all this and it gives you black screen, it seems that your iso is corrupted ?

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sry for redirecting this thread, but I'm having issues with Star Ocean Til the End of Time. It loads fine but has speed and sound issues. I read it needs a config file to correct this but i can't get it to use the config. I'm on Debug 4.84.2 CEX with Cobra 8.1. Any help would be appropriate.

ZX81v2

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a slim with latest Rebug

Irisman seems to have better compatibility on running S2 ISO's.
Hulk Ultimate Destruction
Multiman = Some corrupt graphics/colour map.
Irisman = Less corruption

Load Irisman
Mount PS2 game ISO
Click the Placeholder in XMB

No converting to pkg or any other messing about required

ZX81v2

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing is update webman if that is what you are using. I thought I had the latest version and then tried updating on a whim and it not only updated but I was finally able to see all my psx games as well as load them. I have a soft modded ps2 so I never bothered to check those.

Dowap2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey not sure if resolved yet but I'd recommend finding a redump collection online or a verified one like vimms lair. Delete existing iso and Uninstall webman and mm then reinstall, then download managunz as a game loader. Make sure your game iso is not in a folder and only the iso in ps2gameiso or however it is. I ran into an issue with it too, but after getting a clean iso and reinstalling webman, it worked for me. If it becomes a hassle you can also try playing it through usb for games under 4gb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night