Bonestorm

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, i was thinking of purchasing a 3.55 PS3 and was wondering what the compatibility is like on PS1/PS2/PSP games. I expect PS1 to have basically full compatibility but what about PS2/PSP do all games work? or only certain PS2 games on certain model PS3's i have a slim not a PHAT model.

Any info would be great.

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
Second Line. Have a look at

http://rebug.me

Greetz Seb
b7cce5497f8444fff6d171a631b8afd4.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about 80% or so ps2 games work on non-bc systems. psp is hit or miss mostly. I wouldn't make either (especially the psp) a deciding factor though. I bought my ps3 for the exclusives.

HitchensRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Second Line. Have a look at

http://rebug.me

Greetz Seb
b7cce5497f8444fff6d171a631b8afd4.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

I have read all that but I have some doubt I hope someone could clarify as there's a lot of terms I dont understand:

Would ANY 3.55 PS3 Slim be able to play PSX and PS2 backups (or at least a good chunk of it) with the correct CFW ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read all that but I have some doubt I hope someone could clarify as there's a lot of terms I dont understand:

Would ANY 3.55 PS3 Slim be able to play PSX and PS2 backups (or at least a good chunk of it) with the correct CFW ?

all psx games should be playable. most ps2 games as well if u have a non bc system. all ps2 games should be playable or almost all anyway with a bc system. I believe burns of ps2 games only work on bc systems due to the emulator that's called. the net emulator is what we're using to play backups which is y it's somewhat limited. that's for psn games and backups on the hard drive.

Reactions: HitchensRIP

HitchensRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
all psx games should be playable. most ps2 games as well if u have a non bc system. all ps2 games should be playable or almost all anyway with a bc system. I believe burns of ps2 games only work on bc systems due to the emulator that's called. the net emulator is what we're using to play backups which is y it's somewhat limited. that's for psn games and backups on the hard drive.

That is awesome as information out there is so confusing. Not really interested in burns as preserving laser as well as maintaining my game collection sealed is my aim. Is bricking a thing while installing CFW on ps3?

Was very close to "hard" modding my ps2 with Network adapter and whatnot as well as hunting down a 3.55 PS3 but this seem to be an all in one solution :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bricking is not that much of a concern since say rebug always provides an md5 with their releases. I own a modded ps2 and a cfw ps3, but I usually play ps2 games on the ps2.

Reactions: cvskid

HitchensRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
bricking is not that much of a concern since say rebug always provides an md5 with their releases. I own a modded ps2 and a cfw ps3, but I usually play ps2 games on the ps2.

Why is that ? Shouldnt PS3 resolution be better and also wireless DS3 support? Or isn't that a thing with CFW ?

I know modded ps2 can do full screen (i think) - not a big fan of CRTs

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently replaced my laser, so I'm trying to give it something to do instead of it dying from nonuse like last time. ;) I do have a wireless controller, the nyko airflo, which actually has a fan inside to cool ur hands if they start sweating which is gross, but it does have a good wireless antennae. I think the wireless ps2 controllers use rf (not sure exactly), but the logitiech one (the official wireless ps2 controller) has some issues with connectivity or not reading my commands correctly which is y I use the airflo.

no, the ps3 controllers can be used with psx/ps2 games, no problem, it's just about the laser in my ps2 - the reason I play ps2 and psx games on the system. :)

HitchensRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
I just recently replaced my laser, so I'm trying to give it something to do instead of it dying from nonuse like last time. ;) I do have a wireless controller, the nyko airflo, which actually has a fan inside to cool ur hands if they start sweating which is gross, but it does have a good wireless antennae. I think the wireless ps2 controllers use rf (not sure exactly), but the logitiech one (the official wireless ps2 controller) has some issues with connectivity or not reading my commands correctly which is y I use the airflo.

no, the ps3 controllers can be used with psx/ps2 games, no problem, it's just about the laser in my ps2 - the reason I play ps2 and psx games on the system. :)

Since you seem to be responsive I take the chance to ask you one last question :P as I found an ebay seller which has different internal HDD sized ps3s running 3.55

Any substantial difference between in loading times when loading from internal as opposed to external HDD, if that's even a thing for ps3 ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is still the case with iso loading, but some games would require an internal hdd. the system itself requires one especially if ur using a slim since flash files r stored on them. is that the answer u were looking for?

HitchensRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
I'm not sure if this is still the case with iso loading, but some games would require an internal hdd. the system itself requires one especially if ur using a slim since flash files r stored on them. is that the answer u were looking for?

Sort of yeah. the seller has units ranging from 120GB to 320GB with different price tags and at home I got spare external HDDs, so I wanted to see onto whether ISOs load faster on Internal or if there's no difference...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that I don't know. I use jb folders. I'd imagine that they're still limited especially if u have a game with a lot of small files. btw, ps2 iso's only work from an internal if that makes a difference to u.

Reactions: HitchensRIP

HitchensRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
that I don't know. I use jb folders. I'd imagine that they're still limited especially if u have a game with a lot of small files. btw, ps2 iso's only work from an internal if that makes a difference to u.

Ye ok thats huge - was having a look at how folder structure is and that was my assumption. Awesome dude! very helpful :)

Last edited by HitchensRIP,

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since this thread is about PS3 BC, do you guys know how can I control the fan while in PS2/PS1 emulation mode? My fan gets really loud (I'd say about 80% speed) whenever I play a ps1/ps2 game on my fat ps3. I tried changing the settings in webman options but it didn't work

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u might buy the smaller hdd system, then put in a 1TB drive. it might cost less that way. I personally removed my ps3's hdd and replaced it with a 750GB drive. then, put the drive in an enclosure to be used with my 360. lol that's what I'd suggest anyway. u'll have plenty of room and won't have to pay more just for a larger drive that ur swapping out anyway.

baileyscream

Trophies
XP
Country
Since this thread is about PS3 BC, do you guys know how can I control the fan while in PS2/PS1 emulation mode? My fan gets really loud (I'd say about 80% speed) whenever I play a ps1/ps2 game on my fat ps3. I tried changing the settings in webman options but it didn't work

You need to do the ps2 side of fan control
Or try sman instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM